Fast and Furious
The Fast and Furious game is a chop off the old block, an exciting straight-line street racing game that channels the OG spirit of the Hollywood box office franchise.
You start the game by picking among four cars, each with direct roots to the movie franchise’s early history. Dom Toretto’s 1969 Dodge Charger is available in the game, as is Brian O’Connor’s 1995 Toyota Super Turbo and 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Once you’ve chosen your fast car, you are immediately sent to the starting line where your goal is to finish the straight-line street race as fast as possible.
Use the Up arrow key to accelerate, but be sure to shift gears as you go. You can do that by pressing the spacebar but you have to lift your hands off the arrow key to successfully shift gears.
Once you’ve reached fifth gear, it becomes a matter of evading all the cars in your way. Make sure you don’t hit any of them because if you do, your car will immediately stop and you’ll lose precious time in the process.
For those who miss the street racing roots of the Fast and Furious franchise, this game will take you back to simpler and far more enjoyable times.
How to Play
- Choose your car. You can choose among the following: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse, 1969 Dodge Charger, 1995 Toyota Super Turbo, and 1996 Honda S2000
- Once you’ve chosen your car, click “Options” and choose your computer speed and game difficulty
- Click “Race”
- The game is a straight-line race so you don’t have to worry about turning any corners. It does take a while to learn because of the complex nature of shifting gears in the game. Once you get the hang of it, clocking in a fast lap should be no problem
- Make sure to avoid all the cars because if you hit one, your car will stop. That hurts your chance of posting a fast lap
- Post the fastest lap and you’ll see your name on top of the High Scores Board
- Up arrow to accelerate
- Left arrow to lean left
- Right arrow to lean right
- Down arrow to reverse
- Space bar to shift gears up (you CAN’T shift gears while holding down the Up arrow)
- Ctrl button to shift gears down