2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
In the past few daysAston Martin teased a new model two times, but each time the video was revealing pretty much nothing on this car. Today, however, the company decided to surprise us with the unveiling of the new V12 Vantage S. Despite our expectations the new model will not be offered as a last edition for the current V12 Vantage, but it comes simply to replace it.
The new V12 Vantage S is using racing technologies from models like Vantage GT4, GT3 and GTE competition cars. These technologies include a damping system developed by Bilstein, Brembo brakes and a two-stage Dynamic Stability Control by Continental can be completely turned off.
Aston Martin is also installing a new grille inspired by the new CC100 Speedster and a new Sportshift III AMT gearbox.
The new V12 Vantage S will be put on sale at the end of 2013.
Updated 06/20/2013: Aston Martin confirmed today that the new V12 Vantage S is the fastest-accelerating Aston Martin to date, except the One-77 supercar, of course. See how long it takes to go from 0 to 60 mph after the jump. We also have the price list for the new sports car.
Click past the jump to read more about the Aston Martin V12 Vantage S.
2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
Horsepower @ RPM:565
Torque @ RPM:457
0-60 time:3 sec. (Est.)
Top Speed:205 mph
When viewed from the side, you will easily notice that the new V12 Vantage S received a new grille inspired by the CC100 Speedster Concept. Also, the aluminum vanes were replaced with a new carbon-fiber arrangement that also includes sporty black carbon fiber or titanium silver mesh.
From its predecessor, the model retained the pronounced bonnet vents and flared wheel arches, and combined them with a distinctive exterior-graphics pack that includes black painted roof and part-painted boot panel.
Standard Exterior Features:
- Two-seat, two-door coupe body style
- Extruded bonded aluminum VH body structure aluminum, magnesium alloy, composite and steel body
- Extruded aluminum door side-impact beams
- Halogen projector headlamps (main beam)
- High Intensity Discharge headlamps (dipped beam)
- Black headlamp bezels
- LED rear lamps
- Clear rear lamps with a black border
- Carbon fibre front splitter and rear diffuser
|Length||4,385 mm (172.63 inches)|
|Width||2,022 mm (79.60 inches)|
|Height||1,250 mm (49.21 inches)|
|Wheelbase||2,600 mm (102.36 inches)|
|Curb weight||1,665 kg (3,670 pounds)|
For the interior, Aston Martin prepared new style seating with sport and carbon-fiber seat options, revised stitching and welt detailing, and two leather grade options – Luxmill or semi-aniline. Customers can also opt for an Alcantara trim.
As an option, Customers can order the Carbon Fiber Interior Pack, which adds carbon fiber on the fascia and door pulls, plus black pedals - a first for the V12 Vantage.
Standard Interior Features
- Full-grain leather interior
- Piano Black facia trim, centre stack and door pulls
- Alcantara-trimmed sports steering wheel with black airbag ring
- Electrically adjustable Sports seats with side airbags
- Memory seats and exterior mirrors (three positions)
- Dual-stage driver/passenger front airbags
- Carbon fibre front grille
- Titanium side strake mesh
- Powerfold exterior heated mirrors
- Heated rear screen
- Automatic temperature control
- Organic Electroluminescent (OEL) displays
- Trip computer
- Cruise control
- Bluetooth® telephone preparation
- Satellite navigation system
- Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror
- Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror with garage door opener
- Rear parking sensors
- Tyre-pressure monitoring1
- Alarm (with volumetric and tilt sensor) and immobiliser
- Remote-control central door locking and boot release
- Glass ECU
- Glass switches
- Tracking device (UK only)
- LED map-reading lights
- 160W Aston Martin audio system with six-CD autochanger
- DAB radio
- Integrated Apple iPod® connector
- USB connector with Waveform Audio Format (WAF), Windows Media Player (WMA) and MPEG (MP3) audio file compatibility
Under the hood, the new V12 Vantage S is powered by a AM28 6.0-liter V-12 engine that delivers a total of 565 horsepower and 457 pound-feet of torque.
The engine is mated to a new Sportshift™III AMT (automated manual transmission) that offers motorsport-style paddle shift changes for optimum performance delivery and efficiency. Also, when compared to the previous six-speed manual, the new gearbox is about 55 pounds lighter.
There is also a new exhaust system derived from the One-77 supercar that is lighter, smaller and even more sonorous than that of the outgoing car.
All these new features have help the new V12 Vantage S to hit an incredible top speed of 205 mph. The sprint from 0 to 60 mph takes just 3.7 seconds, making it the brand’s fastest-accelerating production car to date – with the exception of the limited-edition, and sold-out, One-77 hypercar, which needed only 3.5 seconds for the sprint.
|Engine||AM28 all-alloy, quad overhead camshaft, 48 valve, 5,935cc, V12|
|Max power||573 PS (565 hp) at 6,750 rpm|
|Max torque||620 Nm (457 lb-ft) at 5,750 rpm|
|0 to 60 mph||3.7 seconds|
|Max speed (estimated)||330 km/h (205 mph)|
Suspension and brakes
For the new V12 Vantage S, Aston Martin developed a new three-stage adaptive damping system that allows the driver to more precisely tailor the car’s dynamic character. This system includes three driving modes - "Normal", "Sport" and "Track" - and governs the level of power steering assistance offered.
The car sits on a set of 19-inch lightweight alloy wheels in a ten-spoke design and wrapped in either Pirelli P Zero Corsa dry-weather, or P Zero all-weather tires.
Wheels & tires
- 19-inch, 10-spoke forged alloy Graphite-painted wheels with diamond-turned finish
- Front wheel: 9J x 19”
- Rear wheel: 11J x 19”
- Front tire: Pirelli P Zero Corsa 255 / 35 ZR19
- Rear tire: Pirelli P Zero Corsa 295 / 30 ZR19
- Tire repair kit
- Rack and pinion, power-assisted steering
- 2.6 turns lock-to-lock
- Column tilt and reach adjustment
- Front: Ventilated carbon ceramic discs, 398 mm diameter with six-piston monobloc calipers
- Rear: Ventilated carbon ceramic discs, 360 mm diameter with four-piston monobloc calipers
- Black painted brake calipers
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with track mode
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Traction control (TC)
- Three Stage Adaptive Damping System (ADS) with Normal, Sport and Track modes
- Front: Independent double wishbones incorporating anti-dive geometry, coil springs, anti-roll bar and monotube dampers
- Rear: Independent double wishbones with anti-squat and anti-lift geometry, dual-rate coil springs and monotube dampers
The new V12 Vantage S will be put on sale at the end of 2013. Prices for the U.S. market will start at $184,995.
The R8 Plus is the most powerful R8 ever built. It is powered by a 5.2 liter V-10 engine that delivers a total of 550 horsepower and a peak torque of 398 pound-feet of torque. With the S tronic, the R8 V10 Plus will sprint from 0 to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds and up to a top speed of 196.97 mph, and with the manual gearbox, the new Plus version will go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds, up to a top speed of 198.22 mph.
On the U.S. market the model is priced at $170,545 for the manual version and $179,645 for the S tronic version.
Recently dropped on the market the new Turbo S is also the most powerful Porsche Turbo ever developed. It is powered by a 3.8-liter six-cylinder engine with direct fuel injection that delivers a total of 560 horsepower and sprints the car from 0 to 60 mph in 3.1 seconds and up to a top speed of 197 mph.
On the U.S. market the model is priced at $182,050.
With all the updates the new V12 Vantage S received, it is one of the coolest Vantage models ever launched. Also, you can see that it is quite fast when compared to most of competition, so it will surely be quite a smash in the luxury sports car realm.