2008 Audi R8 V8 by VF Engineering
Audi R8 V8 owners and lovers alike please rejoice in the fact that you can now have your cake and eat it too thanks to the car enthusiasts over at VF Engineering. The Californians over at VF Engineering have made it possible to maintain your V8 engine while tuning it up to numbers that supersede that of the Audi R8 V10. How is this possible? Well, we all know it is possible. We see tuners everyday launch tuning packages that increase the performance on a car, but usually they focus on making a faster car, the fastest as opposed to making a fast car, faster. See what we mean?
Using a Roots-type Eaton TVS 1900 supercharger and an elaborate Audi ECU restructuring, VF Engineering ran the Audi R8 through extensive dyno tests and track runs to ensure proper results were established.
Use of a software “switching” facility allowed the AUDI R8 to switch from “Race Fuel” (meaning the use of high octane fuel) to “Valet Mode” to reduce power.
The engine upgrade ends up delivering 548 bhp at 7500rpm, with peak torque of 437 lb.ft. at 4800 rpm. That’s 30bhp and 46 lb.-ft. of torque more than the Audi R8 V10! The package is priced at £21,995 and APS of Brackley is taking reservation deposits now.
Hit the jump for the full list of specifications.
Headline VF Engineering Audi R8 supercharger technical specification includes:
- GIAC custom tuned software to optimise performance
- OEM soft rev limiters and top speed governor removed
- Eaton TVS1900 satin black supercharger
- 1 year unlimited mileage limited product warranty
- VF- CNC machined 6061 aluminium bracket system
- VF- CNC machined 6061 aluminium inlet runners
- OEM Goodyear idler pulleys
- VF- Custom tuned supercharger intake
- Internal overrun bypass valve system
- OEM crank case ventilation system
- Replacement OEM serpentine belt
Source: German Car Scene