2010 BMW M3 by ARKYM
A California based tuner by the name of ARKYM revealed a new tuning kit for the BMW M3 Coupe. So, what do you think, can Americans tune German cars? We say, not this time, as this is one of the ugliest vehicles we have seen. That begin said, ARKYM did an excellent job with the M3 Aero, but this overall look is just wrinkled-up nose disgusting. For the sake of information, let’s go over some of the changes.
What ARKYM typically likes doing with its projects is combine quality products and unique ideas to create "original, brand name, products at a fair and competitive market value." This particular package includes an Aerorace Hood ($1,999), Aerorace trunk boot lid (a single side carbon priced at $1249 and a double side carbon priced at $1699), Aerosport front lip ($549), and Aerosport rear diffuser ($449). As expected, carbon fiber is used all around with each piece being 100% form fitting.
That’s all we know so far on this tuning kit for the BMW M3 E92 as the tuner has not announced if the kit allows for any performance upgrades. We don’t expect any because the last BMW M3 ARKYM worked on was devoid of any performance enhancements.
UPDATE 12/20/2010: Arkym has taken their BMW M3 - which they call the AeroRace One, out to the Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch for a little shakedown. In this video, the AeroRace One makes a name for itself by passing a number of its competitors, including the 2010 Lotus Exige, the 2008 Ferrari F430, the 2009 Porsche 997 GT2, the 2007 Porsche GT3 RS, and the 2010 Nissan GT-R. We still don’t have performance numbers, but we’re thinking Arkym wants this video to speak for the M3.
Check out the specifications for the AeroRace One after the jump.
Arkym "AeroRace" Vehicle Information, Outfit, and Specifications:
2010 BMW ///M3 - Alpine White
External ARKYM Modifications:
- AeroRace Double Sided Carbon Fibre Vented Hood (1x1CF/1x1Kevlar Bottom)
- AeroRace Double Sided Carbon Fibre Trunk (1x1CF)
- AeroRace Double Sided Carbon Fibre Complete Front Bumper (1x1CF)
- AeroRace Double Sided Carbon Fibre Complete Rear Bumper (1x1CF)
- AeroRace Double Sided Carbon Fibre Sideskirts (1x1CF)
Internal ESS Tuning Modifications:
- ESS Tuning VT2-575 Liquid-cooled Supercharger
- ESS Tuning M3 Performance Software - 91 Octane Tune
- ESS M3 Performance DCT Transmission Software
- ARKYM Special Edition Carbon Kevlar Intake Manifold
- HRE Performance Wheels Type P40, 20x9F / 20x10.5R
- Brembo BBK 380mm x 4
- Yokohama Advan Sports Tires
- KW V3 Suspension
- Akrapovic Titanium Full Exhaust System
Source: BMW Blog