2007 Saturn Sky Red Line - 260 hp roadster to start at $27895
Today, Saturn announced that the 2007 Sky Red Line will be available this fall at a starting manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $27,895 (including destination charges). Retailers are now taking orders for the turbocharged variant of the Sky roadster, which is one of the hottest selling cars in the auto market.
The Sky Red Line features the 2.0L Ecotec Turbo engine, equipped with direct injection technology. It produces 260 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, making it General Motors’ highest specific output engine ever at 2.1 horsepower per cubic inch of displacement.
“Through its design and advanced technology, the Sky Red Line shows that Saturn is making vehicles like never before,” said Dave Smidebush, Saturn’s director of marketing. “But the Sky Red Line also demonstrates that the brand’s commitment to great value and innovation in our product lineup is as strong as ever.”
Along with the boost in horsepower and torque, the Sky Red Line features a long list of standard equipment including:
- Stabilitrak electronic stability control
- Traction control
- Close-ratio five-speed manual transmission with self-adjusting clutch
- Four-wheel ABS disc brakes
- Limited slip differential
- Performance-tuned suspension with coil-over Bilstein monotube shocks
- Air conditioning
- Power locks, windows and mirrors
- OnStar with one year of Safe & Sound service
The Sky Red Line will accelerate from 0-60 mph in about 5.5 seconds, and will run the quarter mile in about 13.9 seconds.