2008 Engine of the Year nominees
The 2008 Engine of the Year winners will be announced on the 7th of May 2008. if last year the winner was BMW with its 3-litre Twin Turbo engine found in the 335i, this year BMW has seriously competition as Audi, Nissan, Cadillac and many others are fighting for the title.
The Engine of the Year categories are: Best New Engine of the Year, Best Fuel Economy, Best Performance Engine, sub 1 liter engine, 1.0 to 1.4 liter engine, 1.4 to 1.8 liter engine, 1.8 to 2.0 liter engine, 2.0 to 2.5 liter engine, 2.5 to 3.0 liter engine, 3.0 to 4.0 liter engine, above 4.0 liter engine.
And some of the nominees are:
- Subaru’s new turbodiesel engine
- Nissan’s VR38DETT in the new Nissan GT-R
- Audi’s new twin turbocharged V10 in the RS6
- BMW’s new 4.0 liter V8 in the new BMW M3
- BMW’s new twin turbocharged turbodiesel in the BMW 123d
- BMW’s new 4.4 liter twin turbocharged V8
- Mitsubishi’s turbocharged 2.0 liter 4B11T in the Evo X
- Fiat’s 1.4-litre Turbo
- Chevrolet’s 6.2-litre turbo from the Corvette ZR1
The 2008 Engine of the Year Awards will be decided by 65 automotive journalists from 32 countries.