2009 Audi A3 will come in USA in fall 2008
TheAudi A3, offered in the USA exclusively with the five-door body style, raises its sporty profile with a raft of improvements and an accentuated design. Innovative technologies such as the S tronic dual-clutch transmission and Audi magnetic ride, the suspension control system, makes for even greater driving pleasure.
Its sharper, more striking design lends even greater expression to the A3. Dealer deliveries will coincide with the change of the model year, around September 2008, with pricing and equipment not yet finalized for the USA.
Audi is bringing the five-door A3 onto the U.S. market with two different gasoline engines. The 2.0 TFSI has 200 hp, while the 3.2 quattro with its six cylinders musters 250 hp.
Pricing and equipment will be available in Fall 2008 upon arrival at U.S. dealers.
The range of transmissions has been extended and become even more appealing. The 2.0 TFSI engine is supplied as standard with six-speed manual transmission, and the 3.2 is available exclusively with the S tronic dual-clutch transmission, now also available for all engine versions. The high-tech S tronic changes gears with extreme speed and smoothness. The driver can set it to operate in a fully automatic mode or change gears manually – either at the selector lever or with the standard shift paddles on the leather sport steering wheel.
The S tronic on the six-cylinder engine and the 2.0 TFSI has six speeds. Its clutches are dry-running – an innovative approach. This means that they do not need a separate oil supply, further adding to their already impressive efficiency.
New for the five-door A3 is the 2.0 TFSI quattro, available exclusively with S tronic transmission. In its latest technical form, the central hydraulic multi-plate clutch responds even faster when the engine’s power needs to be redistributed between the front and rear wheels. This increases stability, traction and driving pleasure for the driver.
The standard-fit dynamic suspension, too, provides safety, dynamic handling and comfort all rolled into one. The captivating precision with which the five-door A3 handles and its well-balanced character owe a great deal to elaborate concepts such as the four-link rear suspension and the efficient electromechanical power steering. There is optional sport suspension that supports the body 15 millimeters (0.59 in) lower.
NEW 2009 AUDI A3 (SPORTBACK) - PRODUCT SUMMARY - USA
- 2.0 TFSI direct injection engine with manual or S tronic (aka DSG) front-wheel drive
- Stats: 200 hp, 207 lb-ft torque
- 0-60 mph in 6.7 seconds (manual); city/hwy 20/29
- 0-60 mph in (TBD) seconds (S tronic); city/hwy 22/29
- 0-60 mph in (TBD) seconds (S tronic quattro; city/hwy TBD
- 3.2 V6 engine with quattro permanent all-wheel drive with S tronic
- Stats: 250 hp, 236 lb-ft; 0-60 mph in 5.9 seconds (S tronic); city/hwy 18/25
Audi A3 is a typical Audi statement of form, function, as well as sporty, sophisticated, and progressive. It maintains its competitive edge in safety, performance, and technology. Safety is tops in the industry via its first IIHS “Top Safety Pick” designation for top frontal, side, and rear crash performance, awarded in late 2007. Top performance, efficiency, and fuel economy is achieved via the high tech 2.0 TFSI, which has as much overall power/torque as traditional V6 engines.
New for 2009:
- quattro AWD now available with 2.0 TFSI (200 hp, transverse layout)
- Magnetic Ride Control is optional
- Updated ESP
- Up-shift light
- LED Daytime Running lights for Bi-xenon
- Headlamps with daytime running lights
- Hood and front fenders
- Grille design
- Front bumper
- Tail lamp design
- Wheel program
- Interior: decorative inlays, interior colors, instrument bezels in white colors
- Pricing and equipment TBD until Fall 2008 at time of launch during normal model year changeover period.
NOTEWORTHY VEHICLE PHILOSOPHY
- A3 is specifically a car for people living in urban areas who still want German luxury, style, function, and performance.
- May 2005 launched the US version of the A3, known as the “A3 Sportback” around the world.
- A3 has received regular optional lifecycle upgrades, including the Titanium package which is an upgrade of the S line package from quattro GmbH, Audi’s performance and equipment upgrade subsidiary.
PRICE AND EQUIPMENT NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL FALL 2008