2009 Chevrolet Traverse - pricing announced
Chevrolet announced the 2009 Traverse crossover will carry a MSRP of $28,990, including a $735 destination charge, for the 2WD LS model. It goes on sale this fall.
“With its great styling, leading fuel economy and comprehensive roster of equipment, the Traverse is a great expression of Chevrolet value,” said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager.
The 2009 Chevrolet Traverse is an expressively styled, well-equipped crossover that delivers people-hauling and cargo-carrying capability typically found in larger SUVs. It is offered in LS, LT and LTZ models, in both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configurations.
Product highlights include:
- Expressive styling inspired by the 2008 Malibu
- Optimized aerodynamics that enhance fuel economy and reduce wind noise
- Four-wheel independent suspension system
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control system
- Family of 17-, 18- and 20-inch wheels
- Seating for up to eight adults
- Second-row Smart Slide seat feature, for easy access to the third-row seats
- Rear-seat entertainment system with second-row controls
- Six standard air bags, including side curtain air bags that deploy over all three seating rows
- OnStar with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and Direction Download and eNav (with navigation system)
- XM Satellite Radio including NavTraffic real-time traffic feature (with navigation system)
- Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
Traverse is powered by a 3.6L engine with direct injection technology that helps produce power similar to many V-8 engines, but delivers better-than-expected fuel economy and a 25-percent reduction in cold-start emissions. The 3.6L engine is mated to the fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6T75 six-speed automatic transmission.