2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Starts at $39,700 But Things Get Out of Control Fast
Prices can easily go up to $54,500 if you opt for a higher trim versionby Alina Moore, on
Hyundai has big plans for the future: by 2025 the company wants to have 23 EVs in its lineup and the Ioniq 5 was the first model out of these 23. It was previewed by the 45 concept at the 2019 Frankfurt Auto Show and, earlier this year, it finally made its world debut.
Now, Hyundai announced that the new Ioniq 5 will go on sale in late December at a starting price of $39,700. The car is also eligible for a $7,500 Federal Tax Credit.
The 2022 Ioniq 5 will be offered with a choice of two battery packs: 58 kWh or 77.4 kWh, and two electric motor layouts: rear motor only or both front and rear motors for all-wheel-drive. The base model comes with a 168-horsepower rear electric motor and has a range of 220 miles, while the top version features a 320 horsepower dual electric motors and has a range of 256 miles.
However, Hyundai is also offering a 225-horsepower version, powered by a 77.4 kWh battery pack that offers a range of 303 miles.
The 2022 Ioniq 5 will be offered in three trim levels: SE, SEL and Limited, and prices will range from $39,700 for the SE Standard Range with the 58kWh battery pack model and up to $54,500 for the Limited version.
The model will also be offered with lots of standard features, including:
- 800-volt, 350 kW ultra-fast charging
- 19-inch aero wheels
- 12.3-inch touchscreen navigation with EV technology display
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Bluelink® connected car system with remote charge access
Highway Drive Assist 1 & Smart Cruise Control with Stop and Go and Machine Learning
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Car/Pedestrian/Cyclist Detection
- Blind-spot Collision Avoidance-Assist / Safe Exit Assist
- Lane Keeping Assist & Lane Following Assist
- Rear View Monitor with Parking Guidance
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist
- Parametric Pixel LED lighting elements
- Auto Flush Door Handles & Hidden Charge Port Door
- Unlimited 30-minute charging sessions for two years on Electrify America’s growing network of chargers
|Model||Electric Powertrain||Drivetrain||Driving Range (mi.)||MSRP|
|SE Standard Range*||168HP rear motor||RWD||220||$39,700|
|SE||225HP rear motor||RWD||303||$43,650|
|SE||320HP dual motor||AWD||256||$47,150|
|SEL||225HP rear motor||RWD||303||$45,900|
|SEL||320HP dual motor||AWD||256||$49,400|
|Limited||225HP rear motor||RWD||303||$50,600|
|Limited||320HP dual motor||AWD||256||$54,500|