A BBR Supercharger Can Give Your NC Miata Up To 300 Horsepower
The 0 to 60 mph sprint also goes down to 4.8 secondsby Alina Moore, on
While Mazda is preparing to retire the MX-5 ND generation, the old NC is still enjoying a lot of success. Mazda MX-5 tuning specialist BBR knows what an important model the NC still is and it is offering two supercharger packages for the sports car. They will be offered for the models equipped with the 1.8 and 2.0-liter engines built between 2005 and 2015.
What are the changes all about?
In stage one the output is taken up to a total of 250 horsepower and 213 pound-feet of torque, while the 0 to 60 mph sprint goes down to 5.3 seconds. To have something to compare with, the 1.8-liter engine delivered a total of 126 horsepower and 123 pound-feet of torque, while the 2.0-liter engine delivered 158 horsepower and 139 pound-feet of torque. The models equipped with the 1.8 engine did the 0 to 60 mph sprint in 9.4 seconds, and the ones with the 2.0-liter engine in 7.9 seconds.
Upgrades for Stage 1 include:
- C30-94 Rotrex Supercharger
- Rotrex Oil reservoir
- BBR Oil Cooler
- BBR High Quality Anodised CNC Rotrex brackets
- BBR High Quality Anodised CNC Tensioner brackets
- Supercharger and revised ancillary belt
- BBR 250 BHP intake restrictor
- BBR CAIS - Cold Air intake system with serviceable air filter
- BBR Front mounted intercooler
- BBR branded Intercooler silicone hoses
- BBR Mandrel Bent intercooler pipe work
- BBR Branded Breather hoses
- Bosch EV14 BBR spec Injectors
- BBR / Bosch MAP / Temperature sensor
- BBR Recirculating piston type dump valve in factory black finish
- BBR Starchip EcuTek calibration software with driver switchable modes (ECU Connect required for models without cruise control)
- Optional hardware only and BBR Software/EcuTek programming cable choices for DIY clients
Stage two takes the final output up to 300 horsepower and 227 pound-feet of torque, while the 0 to 60 mph sprint is now made in 4.8 seconds.
Stage two includes the same upgrades as stage one, plus:
- BBR fuel module
- NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
- Engine mounted fuel filter
- 300 BHP intake restrictor
- BBR 300 BHP ECU calibration
The two stages can be ordered in three different versions: installed by BBR, just as hardware only or including BBR software with either EcuTek ProEcu or ECU Connect programming cables. The prices are as follow: Stage 1 is priced at £4,995 when installed by BBR, £4,095 if you only want the hardware or £4,590 if you need the cables too. The stage 2 is priced at £5,995; £4,795 or £5,290 respectively.