And the hits keep on coming for the Ferrari 458 Italia. In what is turning into one of the year’s most ridiculous and unexpected stories, another brand-new Ferrari 458 Italia caught fire – this time, it’s in China – after it was reported that the car’s engine compartment started smoking as it was being taken out for a drive.
To date, this is the 11th Ferrari 458 Italia that has either crashed or burned to the ground and with the way things are going, we’re afraid that this won’t be the last incident of what looks to be a cursed supercar.
It might seem a little harsh to put the ‘cursed’ label on the 458 Italia, but at this point, all these incidents piling up one after another in rapid succession is making us think that something’s definitely amiss here. Whatever it is, we’re just hoping that it stops sooner than later. Check that: we’re hoping it stops now because our hearts can only take so much. Really. It’s becoming depressing already.
Hit the jump to check out some of the other crashes/fires involving the Ferrari 458; that is, if you can handle it.
- * First Crash of the Ferrari 458 Italia
- * Ferrari 458 Italia caught fire in Paris
- * Another Ferrari 458 Italia gets completely destroyed
- * Video: Ferrari 458 Italia meets tree in Maranello
- * Another Ferrari 458 Italia crashed
- * Ferrari 458 Italia Destroyed in fire in London
- * What’s wrong with the Ferrari 458 Italia?
- * Ferrari 458 Italia gets involved in another car crash