Bullitt Mustang returning in 2008 with stronger engine
As you might know by now, Ford will re-enter the Bullitt Mustang in 2008 in its line-up the. Most probably the Bullitt will bear a technical resemblance to the previous incarnation, will have distinctive colors, body trim options, badging, wheels.
As about the engine we found the next preliminary data:
- 4.6L DOHC, 400 horsepower naturally aspirated engine.
- Aluminum block with wet sump oiling system.
- Steel crankshaft.
- Ford GT type cylinder heads.
- Ford GT valve covers with special oil fill adapter on the right valve cover.
- Special exhaust manifolds.
- Special intake manifold with the plenum and throttle body located on the back of the intake, much like the original Bullitt.
Ford is said to be putting resources into the Bullitt for the specific purpose of creating a road-racing Mustang, which will be positioned between the Mustang GT and the Shelby GT500. When the Bullitt debuts, it is likely to feature numerous performance enhancements.
The next-generation Bullitt will feature a standard brake upgrade package that is being developed with road racing in mind. Moreover, the Bullitt will also come with a handling package, which is being developed by Ford Racing.