Check Out This Fancy Truck Camper That Can Accommodate Six People Without Any Fuss
Your camping nights just became so much more comfortableby Sidd Dhimaan, on LISTEN 03:25
Washington-based Scout Campers has come up with a camper for trucks that eliminates the need for you to buy a separate RV for your adventurous trips. Called the Olympic, this drop-in shell is a one-of-its-kind camper that offers room for six people without occupying oodles of space.
It can be fit into the truck bed and comes with a host of other features like a five-gallon water tank, a sink with drain, etc. Looks like a versatile camper shell, doesn’t it?
It Can Be Retrofitted On Any Truck
Scout Campers is the brainchild of Adventurer Manufacturing Ltd., which already has the ‘Adventurer’ and ‘Eagle Cap’ brands under its umbrella. The Olympic is the first product under the ‘Scout Campers’ brand and it seems to be a winner already.
The company says that the shell can be installed not only on full-size trucks, but also the half-ton haulers.
It can be had on trucks with a 5.5-foot bed, all the way up to eight-foot beds. The camper features an aluminum exoskeleton and weighs just 1,133 pounds.
The Olympic can accommodate four people within, and two more in a pop-up tent. It’s more than just a makeshift design and can be accessed from within the camper itself.
This, however, is an optional item and is not available in the standard camper. The camper also comes with many components that can be completely detached and used as individual units. For starters, there’s a dining table, five-gallon water storage with filtration and exterior drain, and a battery. An exterior storage tray is also available that works as a functional tabletop for cooking and spending more time in nature.
What Features Are Available?
Scout Campers has offered a propane real-flame 4.5 BTU fireplace that “provides ample warmth for 4-season travel and a cosy feeling.” The Olympic also comes with a 160W mono-crystalline solar panel and a Portable Goal Zero Yeti 1000 lithium power station with a built-in inverter. Other notable standard features include:
- 4 Person Dinette with Sleeper Conversion
- Assist Bar with Bottle Opener
- Clear View Windows w/Screen & Solar Reflective Shade
- Fire Extinguisher
- Gear Locker - 5 Cubic Feet of lockable storage
- Fiberglass Exterior & Roof
- LED Ceiling Strip Lights with Built-in Switch
- Portable 4.9-gallon Jerry Can with Charcoal Filter
- Moon Roof with Screen & Solar Reflective Shade
- Dual 110V Outlets and a USB Outlet Port
- Ratchet Tie Down System
- Smoke, Gas, and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Solar Porch Light with Motion Sensor
- Solar Powered Vent with Intake/Exhaust and Light
- Stainless Sink with Exterior Drain
The optional add-ons offered include:
- Domestic Fridge and Freezer With Wi-fi
- Slide Out Tray with Storage
- Gas Fireplace
- Portable Dometic 2.6 Gal Toilet
- Portable Indoor/Outdoor Gas Cooktop
- Removable Camper Jacks
- Rhino Rack Batwing 270-degree Compact Awning (pop-up roof tent)
Before options, the Scout Campers Olympic costs $19,980. This seems on the reasonable side considering how much RVs and Motorhomes generally cost. The company will be launching two more products – Yoho and Kenai – later this year. The latter will be bigger than the Olympic and will feature a full bathroom and a wardrobe, too.
What are your thoughts on the Scout Campers Olympic? Share them with us in the comments section below.
Source: Scout Campers