Chevrolet Performance has released their all-new 2013 catalog, which features a host of production-based performance and suspension parts for Camaros, offering enthusiasts factory-engineered components to enhance their driving experience on the street and quicken their performance on the track.
The roster of new parts includes components from the high-performance Camaro ZL1, the road racing-oriented Camaro SS 1LE package and drag strip-dominating COPO Camaro program – all slated to go on sale in the first quarter of 2013. The catalog also contains a number of new performance components, engine parts and crate engines, including the boost-ready LSX376-B15 crate engine that supports up to 1,000 horsepower.
“Whether you’re running on the street, drag strip or road course, Chevrolet Performance is the first stop for every Camaro builder,” said Jim Campbell, GM U.S. vice president of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports. “Our new catalog offers customers the opportunity to upgrade their car with the brakes, suspension and other components that make their car more effective on the street and track.”
From the Camaro ZL1 comes huge stopping power with production-based kits, including racing-style front two-piece, 14.6-inch front rotors and six-piston Brembo calipers with aluminum housings (part number 22959672) and rear 14-inch rotors paired with four-piston aluminum calipers (part number 22989384) – all with the ZL1 logo. Also available is the complete rear driveline system, which includes a larger, stronger 9.9-inch cast iron differential housing, stronger axles, heavy-duty limited-slip differential and more (part number 22959394 for manuals and 22959395 for automatics).
More ZL1 parts include its short-throw shifter (part number 19299460), high-volume fuel pump (part number 19258436) and low-restriction air filter element (part number 9222965) – all of which are direct replacements in a Camaro SS.
From the production Camaro 1LE performance package, Chevrolet Performance offers a complete suspension kit, including larger-diameter stabilizer bars (part number 23102311), as well as its chassis-stiffening strut tower brace (part number 22756880), 3.91-ratio gear set (part number 22813040) and unique PCV valve (part number 12653073) that ensures oil separation and drain-back during high-load cornering. These parts helped the production Camaro SS with the 1LE package circle Virginia International Raceway in less than three minutes.
COPO Camaro connection
The COPO Camaro Program for 2013 makes available many of the specialty and high-performance components used in the production vehicles – including crate-engine assemblies of the three available COPO racing engines – allowing racers to build their own Stock Eliminator race car.
It all starts with one of Chevrolet Performance’s Camaro bodies in white (part number 19243374) – the same as the production COPO cars – for an easier and more economical way to build a dedicated race car. The new Chevrolet Performance catalog also offers several specialty components used on the production COPO Camaros, including the unique composite hood and provisions for mounting a solid rear axle, as well as a reference of other parts used in the production cars.
For the latest news on the COPO Program and new parts, sign up for the COPO Camaro Mailing List at chevroletperformance.com.
Boost-ready LSX376-15 crate engine supports 1,000 HP
Chevrolet Performance’s new LSX376-B15 features a durable, all-forged rotating assembly that supports engines making up to 15 pounds of boost – and up to about 1,000 horsepower. Engineers started with the tough LSX Bowtie standard-deck block, added a forged steel crankshaft, forged rods and forged pistons, then topped off the short-block assembly with high-flow, rectangular-port, six-bolt LSX LS3 heads to create an affordable foundation for supercharged and turbocharged combinations.
A more economical version dubbed LSX376-B8 is rated for eight pounds of boost and is designed for lower-output combinations.
Highlights of additional new products in the 2013 Chevrolet Performance catalog include:
- *New Connect & Cruise 5.3L/4L65-E kit. It is Chevrolet Performance’s newest and most affordable crate powertrain system. It is rated at 326 horsepower. Other Connect & Cruise systems include the Corvette-derived 430-hp LS3 paired with a 4L65-E four-speed transmission and the 556-hp supercharged LSA engine, which is matched with the 4L85-E transmission.
- *New E-ROD LS3 Connect & Cruise crate powertrain system. This great combination delivers the emissions-compliant E-ROD LS3 engine package – with 430 horsepower – with 4L65-E four-speed transmission and all the necessary controllers.
- *New LS9 crate engine controller kit. It enables installation without the need for third-party calibration.
- *New torque converters for the 4L60- and 4L80-series automatic transmissions. They deliver tailored performance when matched with small-block, big-block or LS-series engines. Two converters are offered for each transmission.
- *New high-output camshaft kit for 5.3L engines expands the performance range with more high-rpm horsepower. The kit includes the new, higher-lift camshaft and a complementing set of valve springs and retainers.
- *New cylinder head/camshaft kit for LS3-powered Camaros and Corvettes delivers about 40 more horsepower, thanks to CNC-ported cylinder heads and a high-lift camshaft.
The kit also fits other LS-family engines with at least 4.000-inch cylinder bores.
More information and ordering details about Chevrolet Performance parts are available at chevroletperformance.com. New-component features and additional insider information about the latest from Chevrolet Performance is available at theblock.com, the automotive social community powered by Chevrolet Performance.