Deronda Type F
This is the same kind of savage car like the Arial Atom, and is build by a British maker. This car will be available in the US market after the public debut at Sebring International Raceway.
Deronda is the manufacturer of extreme performance road cars, who has strengthened its ties with Audi through a supply agreement whereby Cosworth Technology deliver complete powertrain packages.
1.8 litre turbo engines and transaxle gearboxes will become Audi factory approved installations in Deronda’s "Type F" product range.
Power outputs are 200, 250 and 300 bhp, which means 375, 425 and over 500 bhp per tonne. The current Deronda F400 is replaced by the F350, F425 and F500 with prices starting from £22,975 plus relevant taxes.
The Type F is designed to deliver extreme performance and to do it in style. It is a high quality machine with built-in safety features.
Extreme performance is achieved from a low weight and high power output - up to 300 bhp in a car weighing less than 600kg gives over 500bhp per tonne. Acceleration times are 3.6 seconds to 60mph and 8.8 to 100 mph. Braking - powerful AP Racing 4 pot calipers are fitted at the front; 2 pot at the rear, operating vented discs. Sharp handling is achieved from a suspension design which mirrors current formula racing car practice - unequal length double wishbones, with pushrod operated inboard spring damper units. Settings can be adjusted for different conditions to optimise ride height, camber, compression and rebound damping.
In terms of style, the Type F has class - it’s different and purposeful but not brash; it’s modern but with an eye to the past. Styling cues from F1 over the years include the shark nose, under-nose splitter, rear undertray venturis, inboard suspension and distinctive side pods. Particular attention has been paid to engineering details, so that the engineering itself has quality appeal. For example, suspension uprights are cast aluminium - not only lightweight but also an engineering art form; the exhaust system is fabricated stainless steel with teardrop exits.
High quality has been achieved by using the best components and assembly standards. Bought-in components are all from reputable suppliers, known for their quality products. For example, engines and transmissions are supplied by Audi Cosworth Technology, suspension by Ohlins, brakes by AP Racing - all highly regarded in the motorsport industry.
Deronda believes that a road car should have the same safety features as a race car - so the Type F features:
- integral tubular steel chassis and safety cage
- double side impact protection bars
- separate driver and passenger roll over hoops - longitudinally braced
- front crash structure
- rear crash bars
- 6 point FIA approved harnesses
- foam filled fuel tank
- fire extinguisher (optional)
- external ignition cut-off (optional)
The new model range for 2005 comprises 200, 250 and 300 bhp versions of the Type F, designated F350, F425 and F500 respectively. The "F" reflects the "formula" racing series which have given the car its fundamental racing layout and suspension design. The number represents power to weight ratio in bhp per tonne.
- Chassis and Integral Safety Cell
- Powder coated CDS steel tube chassis.
- Double side impact protection bars in addition to main chassis tubes.
- Double roll over hoops - longitudinally braced
- Front crash structure
- Rear crash bars
- Fire extinguisher and external ignition cut-off (optional extra)
- 6 point 75mm FIA approved harnesses
- Adjustable pedals, steering column and seat
- Right or left hand drive - re-configurable by owners
- Instrumentation - programmable combined analogue tacho/digital speedometer; plus digital oil pressure and water temperature.
- Warm air control - ducted directly from radiator.
- Engine and Transmission
- VW Audi Group 1.8 litre turbo
- 5 valves per cylinder
- 200, 250 or 300bhp, 200, 250 or 300lb ft torque
- KKK turbocharger with intercooler
- Electronic throttle control
- Stainless steel exhaust system
- VW Audi Group 5 speed manual transaxle gearbox
- Ohlins springs and dampers with adjustable ride height, compression and rebound
- Pushrod activation of inboard mounted springs/damper units
- Adjustable front anti-roll bar
- Adjustable camber and castor
- Unequal length double wishbones front and rear
- Cast aluminium lightweight uprights
- AP Racing calipers - four pot front - two pot rear
- 260mm ventilated discs
- Twin master cylinders with adjustable front/rear balance
- Wheels & Tyres
- Compomotive CX-R lightweight rims
- Toyo Proxes T1-R, or R888 road legal track tyres