Facelifted Cayman and Boxster - details
German Car Scene revealed new details about the upcoming facelifted versions of the Cayman and Boxster. Both models will go on sale in February 2009.
Like the Carreera and the Carera 4, the Boxster and Cayman will feature LED taillights, LED brake lights, LED rear fog light, dynamic cornering lights, CDR 30 with 5 inch screen and PCM 3.0 touchscreen.
Under the hood there will be two new engines: new DFI-engine generation for 3,4 l and new VC+ 2,9 l engine. PDK will also be offered in order to improve fuel economy.
Full details after the jump.
- More power and torque in comparison to Cayman/S: +20 HP / +25 HP and +27 Nm / +30 Nm
- Performance differentiation in comparison to Boxster II/S II: +10 HP
- Improved performance (driving dynamics, laptimes, fun to drive): increased power and torque: new DFI technology for S-model faster acceleration and take-off:
- PDK 7-speed with new steering wheel, shifts faster than manual gear box
- Launch Control, with Sport Chrono package in conjunction with PDK
- improved driving dynamics/lap times: axle-differential-lock,PDK, PASM and 19“-Wheels
- Reduced fuel consumption: -2% - 14% (with DFI Engine + PDK) vs. Cayman I
- Improved standard equipment: 6 speed MT, CDR 30, PSM+,drive-off assistant
- Light Innovation I
- New double tube headlights
- LED front position lights,
- Bi-Xenon headlights incl.
- dynamic cornering lights and
- LED daytime running lights
- New CDR 30 with 5 inch screen
- New PCM 3.0 touchscreen (option)
- Air ventilated seats (option)
- New PDK steering wheel
- Front and rear end
- Exhaust pipes
- Wheels 17" / 18“/ 19”
Light Innovation II.
- LED taillights
- LED brake lights
- LED rear fog light
- Revised chassis setup
- Rear axle-differential-lock (option)
- Brake assistant
- Larger brake disc/caliper front
- Improved dynamics
- New DFI-engine generation for 3,4 l
- New VC+ 2,9 l engine
- New 7-speed PDK (option)
- Improved fuel efficiency
Start of Production10/08
Point of Sale 02/09