Hennessey adds 78 horsepower to the 2008 Viper SRT10
Chevrolet will unveil at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show the Corvette ZR1. So, the Viper was left behind considering power. So Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) announced that it is introducing the company’s first high-performance upgrade system for the new 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10. Known as the Venom 650R, the engine modifications increase by 78 horsepower giving the Viper the ability to accelerate from 0 to 150 mph 1.5 seconds quicker (15.5 sec. versus 17.0 sec.) than the already factory-fast 2008 Viper that offers a stout 600 horsepower.
The Venom 650R package consists of custom fabricated long tube stainless-steel exhaust headers with 1 7/8-inch primary tubes flowing into 5-to-1 merge collectors. From there, the spent exhaust gases flow through aftermarket catalytic converters before traveling through a full 3-inch stainless-steel exhaust system fit with high-flow stainless-steel mufflers.
Other performance upgrades include: K&N high-flow air filter element, 2-piece light-weight cross-drilled brake rotors (saving 8 lbs per corner), professional installation, dyno testing, Hennessey Venom Power floor mats and exclusive Hennessey Venom 650R exterior badges. Each Venom 650R has a serial numbered plaque located in the cockpit and under the hood. Rounding out the package, the Venom 650R will carry a full 3 year / 36,000 mile Hennessey warranty that will cover the modifications performed to the vehicle.
HPE plans to build 200 units for the 2008 model year. Many of these cars will be available through an exclusive Hennessey dealer network comprised of high-performance minded Dodge dealers.
The Hennessey Venom 650R upgrade package gives 2008 Viper owners the option to fend off any Corvette Blue Devil ZR-1s that they might encounter in the coming New Year.
2008 Hennessey Venom 650R Specifications:
Available for all 2008 Viper SRT10 models including Coupe, Convertible and ACR.
- 678 bhp @ 6,200 rpm
- 645 lb-ft torque @ 5,200 rpm
- 0 - 60 mph: 3.3 sec.
- 0 - 150 mph: 15.5 sec. (stock 2008 Viper = 17.0 sec.)
- 1/4 mile (street): 11.3 @ 131 mph (factory Michelin PS2 tires)
- 1/4 mile (track): 10.7 @ 132 mph (BFG 345/18 drag radial tires)
- Top Speed: 211 mph (estimated for the hardtop coupe)
- 1 7/8 inch Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
- Full 3 inch Stainless Steel Exhaust System
- High Flow Catalytic Converters
- K&N Airfilter Element
- Light-weight 2-piece Cross-drilled Brake Rotor Upgrade (front & rear)
- Powered by Hennessey Valve Cover Badges
- Exterior Hennessey & Venom 650R Badges
- Hennessey Windshield Banner
- Hennessey Venom Power Floor Mats
- Serial Numbered Dash Plaque & Engine Compartment Plaque
- Limited Production - Only 200 units will be offered for sale for the 2008 Viper model year.
- Limited Warranty - 3 years / 36,000 miles
- Lifetime Headers & Exhaust Warranty for Original Owner
- Available from Hennessey / Dodge dealers or installed at the Hennessey Performance factory located at Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy, Texas.
- Professional installation at HPE includes all necessary gaskets and fluids plus before and after chassis dyno testing plus up to 100 miles of road testing.
- Mail Order kit also available.