Hennessey Venom GT - new images
Hennessey Performance Engineering today revealed new images of the Venom GT concept car. The Venom GT would incorporate Hennessey’s potent Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Viper V10 powerplant into a light weight mid-engine chassis weighing "under 2,700 lbs". Power would be run through a 6-speed transmission or optional sequential gearbox.
With a power to weight ratio of just 2.7 lbs per bhp Hennessey estimates that the Venom GT could attain 0 to 100 km/h times in less than 2.5 sec. and a 0-300 km/h time of around 14 seconds. Company founder, John Hennessey, is careful to point out that the Venom GT is not being built as a ’Veyron Slayer’. Hennessey point out, saying, ’The Veyron is an ultra fast and ultra luxurious grand touring car which also happens to be quicker and faster than any other road car, except for our Venom 1000 Twin Turbo SRT which beat the Veyron earlier this year from 0-200 mph. The Venom GT will be a much more engaging sports car to drive by challenging the driver with 1000+ HP in a chassis that is nearly 1500 lbs lighter than the Veyron.’
- Vehicle Type: Mid-engine, rear-drive; 2-door, 2-passenger
- Curb Weight: Less than 2,700 lbs
- cd: 0.39 (with VenomAero rear wing up)
- front - 14 inch carbon rotors with 6-piston calipers; rear - 14 inch carbon rotors with 4-piston calipers
- Viper V10 (8.5 litre)
- Hennessey Venom 1000 Twin Turbo System
- 1000 bhp @ 5,200 rpm
- 1100 lb-ft torque @ 4,200 rpm
- 0-60 mph: 2.4 sec.
- 0-100 mph: 5.3 sec.
- 0-150 mph: 8.9 sec.
- 0-200 mph: 15.7 sec.
- Top Speed: 260 mph (421 km/h)
- 6-speed Manual
- 1200 bhp
- Sequential 6-speed Transmission
- Automatic Transmission
- Custom Interior
- Matching Luggage
- Air Freight Shipping (International Clients)