Now’s your chance to win a true, one-off heavenly Lamborghini Huracan

What can your $10 get you? For some people, $10 equates to a few lottery tickets. For others, it’s a pack of cigarettes. That’s great, sure, but what if your $10 can get you a one-off Lamborghini Huracan that bares the signature of none other than His Holiness, Pope Francis? This isn’t a joke, folks. The one-off, white and gold Huracan that Lamborghini gave to Pope Francis back in November 2017 is now up-for-grabs at Omaze. The sweepstakes-slash-charity initiative requires at least a $10 donation to enter the sweepstakes. According to Omaze, proceeds from the contest will go to a “number of causes working to transform lives around the world.” The website is accepting donations ranging from $10 to $5,000. The amount donated correlates to the number of entries you get. Entries will be accepted until January 30, 2019.

How Far Can $10 Take You? How About a One-Off Lamborghini Huracan Signed by Pope Francis Himself Exterior
- image 745570

By now, you’ve probably heard a good deal about this particular one-off Lamborghini Huracan. It first made headlines in November 2017 when Lamborghini gave it to Pope Francis.

Created by Lambo’s Ad Personam division, the one-off Huracan featured a Bianco Monocerus paint finish, complemented by Giallo Tiberio stripes and accents.

Together, the two colors were Lambo’s way of paying homage to the flag of Vatican City. Meanwhile, the interior of the one-off Huracan was dressed in Bianco Leda Sportivo leather and Lamborghini crests on the headrests.

Predictably, His Holiness declined the extravagant gift for himself. Instead, he took out a Sharpie, signed out, and handed it over to RM Sotheby’s, which would auction it off at a later date.

That “later” date arrived in May 2018 when the auction company brought the Huracan to its event in Monaco where it sold for a whopping $850,000, benefitting a number charities and organizations, including the Iraqi city of Nineveh, which was besieged by ISIS. The city reportedly received 70 percent of all proceeds while the remaining 30 percent was divided between the Amici per il Centrafrica Onlus, Groupe International Chirurgiens Amis de la Main, and the Pope John XXIII Community Association.

How Far Can $10 Take You? How About a One-Off Lamborghini Huracan Signed by Pope Francis Himself Exterior
- image 745579

Fast forward seven months later, and here we are again. The one-off Huracan is back in the headlines, and it’s serving a similar purpose. But instead of an auction, it’s now up for grabs as the main prize in a huge sweepstakes organized by Omaze, the online fundraising platform that offers once-in-a-lifetime experiences and exclusive merchandise in support of critical causes.

For as little as $10, you can enter the cost and see if the Lord’s heavenly angels have taken a particular liking to you.

A $10 donation entitles you to 100 entries in the contest. Spend more than $10, and you get more entries. A $50 entry, for example, entitles you to 1,000 entries. You can donate as much as $5,000, and you’ll receive a whopping 50,000 entries. That’s a lot of chances to go home with this one-of-a-kind Lamborghini Huracan.

Proceeds from this contest will benefit a number of charities and organizations. All the donations will be distributed through Charities Aid Foundation of America, which, in turn, will be in charge of dispensing all the entries to causes that support certain communities in need.

How Far Can $10 Take You? How About a One-Off Lamborghini Huracan Signed by Pope Francis Himself Exterior
- image 745581

In addition to its colors, Pope Francis’ signature, and its status as a one-off Huracan, the supercar also features an uprated version of the Lamborghini Gallardo’s 5.2-liter, V-10 engine. That engine produces 610 horsepower at 8,250 rpm and 413 pound-feet of torque at 6,500 rpm, allowing it to sprint from 0 to 62 mph in just 3.2 seconds and 0 to 124 mph in only 9.9 seconds. The supercar’s top speed is rated at over 200 mph.

Further reading

How Far Can $10 Take You? How About a One-Off Lamborghini Huracan Signed by Pope Francis Himself Exterior
- image 745574

Prepare to Spend Big if You Want to Own Pope Francis’ One-Off Lamborghini Huracan

How Far Can $10 Take You? How About a One-Off Lamborghini Huracan Signed by Pope Francis Himself Exterior
- image 745571

Craziest Thing This Week: The Pope Blesses a Lamborghini Huracan

Lamborghini Huracan

2015 - 2016 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 High Resolution Exterior
- image 674398

Read our full review on the 2017 Lamborghini Huracan.

Source: Omaze

What do you think?
Show Comments
Car Finder: