Hublot MP-05 "LaFerrari" Wristwatch
The new 2014 LaFerrari is no doubt the most amazing car we have seen this year, as it combines a stunning design language with tons of horsepower under the hood. And when it comes to designing great watches inspired by Ferrari’s design language, the folks over Hublot do an amazing job.
Its latest creation - the MP-05 "LaFerrari" is a wristwatch worthy of its name. Not only because it features a great look, but the new MP-05 watch also scored a new world record by way of a 50-day power reserve.
The watch was designed entirely in parallel with the car, alongside the Ferrari team. It features 637 components for the movement, a Tourbillon and 11 barrels arranged in a line just like a spinal column.
Hublot designed a complex-shaped sapphire crystal reminiscent of the Laferrari’s outline, as well as an open case-back made from black PVD titanium. What is very interesting on the new MP-05 "LaFerrari" watch is the original display: on the right side of the barrels you will see the hour and the minute, and on the left side the power reserve.
The new MP-05 "LaFerrari" will be limited to only 50 units. The price isn’t available online, but you can head to Hublot’s website to find a retailer near you.
Hit the jump to read full MP-05 "LaFerrari" technical details and a promo video for the watch.
Hublot MP-05 "LaFerrari" technical details
- Reference 905.ND.0001.RX
- Series 50 numbered pieces
- Case Black PVD made of titanium
- Functions Hour and minute indicated by anodised black aluminium cylinders SuperLuminova™ markings
- Power reserve indicated by an anodised black aluminium cylinder SuperLuminova™ markings
- Seconds indicated by an anodised black aluminium cylinder SuperLuminova™ markings
- Suspended vertical Tourbillon
- Ergonomic time-setting system under the case middle (wrist side)
- Invisible manual winding
- 11 series-coupled barrels