Idea Era Concept Car
Important occasions such as its 30th year of activity, the planned opening of a new IDEA Institute facility in Brazil and Turin’s year as World Design Capital, have prompted IDEA Institute to present ERA at the forthcoming Automotive News Europe Congress in Turin.
ERA will be presented at the Company’s headquarters on Thursday May 15, just before its official debut at the Automotive News Europe Congress on May 19 and 20.
ERA, the first in a series of models, represents a renewed IDEA Institute. The car is the fruit of the work of a team of young designers who apply their expertise to car styling projects as well as to the design of motorcycles and a wide range of industrial products. A highly skilled team of model and show car builders transformed the Designers’ renderings into a high quality show car.
I.DE.A Institute’s new show car ERA is a roadster designed for pure driving pleasure through the instinctive pencil strokes of the designer on a blank page. Its smooth curves come to life from taut yet harmonious lines which give the car its elegant yet powerful appearance. Its simple interior, composed of a visible tubular structure, expresses the car’s pure essential nature typical to sports cars.
Specifications after the jump.
Technical specifications foreseen for ERA:
- Length : 4300 mm
- Width : 1840 mm
- Height : 920 mm
- Wheelbase : 2560 mm
- Existing monocoque chassis M2 segment
- Front engine 4/6 cylinders with 2 possible solutions:
- Transverse engine for front-wheel drive version
- Longitudinal engine for rear -wheel drive version
- Possible horsepower up to 300 HP
- Gearbox : manual/sequential 5/6 gears.
- Fuel tank in central position
- Passengers : 2 seats
- Front : independent in wheel double triangle
- Rear : independent in wheel double square
- Power-assisted ventilated front/rear discs
- Alloy Wheels (front/rear) : 19 * 8,5
- Tyres : 245/40 R19
- Kerb weight : from 1500 to 2000 Kg