iPod Kits for Chrysler Group Vehicles
Mopar, DaimlerChrysler’s original equipment manufacturer, announced it has expanded availability of its factory-engineered iPod Integration Kits for most Chrysler Group vehicles. The audio integration system accessory was launched in early 2006.
- More Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge owners can enjoy their iPod tunes through their vehicle’s audio system
- iPod Integration Kit provides optimal digital audio quality
- Simple plug-and-play installation means connect-in-a-snap to enjoy and listen
The iPod Integration Kit from Mopar Authentic Accessories provides direct connectivity between the customer’s iPod and the vehicle’s audio sound system. Offering true interface, the iPod attaches to the custom cable port located in the glove box. The iPod adaptor module is concealed under the vehicle dash, translating and then sending the signal to the vehicle’s radio receiver.
Once attached, all iPod control functions are available through the vehicle’s audio sound system. This hardware interface provides optimal digital audio quality so all passengers can enjoy the iPod tracks. Using the audio system or steering wheel controls, drivers can browse their iPod music collection of playlists, song titles, and artists that are viewable on the radio display face. Radio display and audio prompt features vary between radio model.
While the iPod is connected to the cable port, it’s continually charging – whether it’s playing or turned off.
“People love their iPods and they love their cars. Expanding availability of our iPod Integration Kits means more Chrysler Group vehicle owners can hit the road and enjoy both,” said Chris Cortez, Senior Vice President – Global Service & Parts, Chrysler Group. “This iPod accessory lets our customers put ’their’ music on hassle-free. We’re committed to pioneering OEM accessories to enhance the driving experience for our customers.”
The popular iPod, iPod Mini, iPod Photo, iPod Nano and iPod Video are compatible with Mopar’s audio integration systems. iPod device is sold separately.
Specifically engineered to interface with select model year 2006 and newer Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge vehicle electronics, the iPod Integration Kits from Mopar are available for purchase and installation at Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships across the country.
The following iPod Integration Kits are available:
- Can-B Integrated ( M.S.R.P. - $215) for the Chrysler Aspen, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger, Dodge Caliber, Dodge Ram, Dodge Durango, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Commander
- J-1850 Integrated (M.S.R.P. - $179) for the Jeep Liberty, Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town & Country and Chrysler Pacifica
There are also two FM-modulated versions available:
- FM-Bounded ( M.S.R.P. - $139) for Jeep Liberty, Jeep Commander, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Chrysler Pacifica, Chrysler 300, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler Aspen, Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Ram, Dodge Caliber, Dodge Dakota, Dodge Durango
- FM-Bounded ( M.S.R.P. - $139) for Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Nitro, Chrysler Sebring, Dodge Avenger
The iPod Integration Kit will be installed in a Chrysler 300C at the North American International Auto Show. Visit the Alpine Electronics of America booth for a device demonstration.
The iPod Integration Kit from Mopar is covered under DaimlerChrysler’s 3-year/36,000-mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Mopar’s 12-month/12,000-mile Limited Warranty, whichever is more favorable to the customer. These warranties are serviced by Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships.