Lamborghini’s roadmap previews a bright future and a gentle transition to electrificationby Robert Moore, on LISTEN 02:12
Brands like Lamborghini, Ferrari, and even Bugatti, are so enriched with a strong history of fuel-born power that the transition to electrification naturally hangs in the balance between desire (or lack thereof) and necessity. One could even argue that exotic car makers are fighting emissions regulators left and right, continuing to pledge new ICE-powered cars while promising a future of electrification. Ferrari ,for example, is still looking to keep its V-12 around for a little longer, so much so, in fact, that it’s trying to get even more than 830 horsepower out of it. Meanwhile, Lamborghini is looking to launch two new V-12 models in 2021, and even after that,its new cars will be hybridized for at least a few more years.
And, all of this was just confirmed by none other than Lamborghini itself in a new roadmap for the next five years, dubbed ““Direzioine Cor Tauri.” Here’s the basic rundown:
- Lamborghini has announced “Direzioine Cor Tauri” - Basically it’s roadmap for the next five years
- The company’s main goals place a priority on top product performance and reducing CO2 emissions by 50% by the end of 2024.
- Lamborghini is planning to celebrate the combustion engine as it transitions to full-range hybridization by 2024.
- With the intention to invest some 1.5 billion Euros over four years, Lamborghini also hopes to launch a fourth, fully electric model sometime in 2025 or soon thereafter.
- Everything will start off with two new V-12 powered cars in 2021, a move that pay homage to the brand’s history and the internal combustion engine.
- By 2023, Lamborghini with launch its first Hybrid series production car. This will kick of a two-year production rejuvenation that will result in a fully electrified lineup by the end of 2024.
- In the second half of the 2020s, Lamborghini will launch its new fully electric car. It is said to maintain brand DNA and live up to the standards expected by each and every one of its loyal customers.
- This is considered a journey towards a new Lamborghini but a journey that will allow the company to always remain faithful to itself and its roots