Li-ion Inizio Supercar to be revealed this September
Li-ion Motors Corp. (AKA EV Innovations AKA Hybrid Technologies) started out turning gas powered vehicle into electric ones and have done so with quite a few models. They have worked witjh the likes of the Toyota Yaris, Smart ForTwo,PT Cruiser, and Mini Cooper and turned them into zero emission vehicles with the use of their own lithium ion batteries. Now, it seems they are coming into a league of their own with their very first supercar. It was first unveiled as a concept at the 2009 New York Auto Show, but this year Li-ion will unveil the Inizio Supercar at an open house on September 15, 2010. According to the company the electric supercar based off of the Tesla Roadster can make the 0 to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds and can hit a top speed of 170 mph. It has an autonomy of 250 per charge.
The Inizio will be manufactured at LMCO’s 40,000 square foot facility in North Carolina. Li-ion Motors Corp and its shareholders can now look forward to steady revenues with the production of this cutting edge world class vehicle.
Specifications after the jump.
Features on the Inizio Supercar:
- 0 to 60/96 MPH/KmPH in 3.4 seconds.
- up to 170/272 MPH/KmPH.
- 250/400 miles/Km per charge.
- A larger than average cockpit allowing for taller customers.
- A fully tunable chassis that can be tailored to your driving style or even set up for a track day at your local road course.
- Raise and lower for easier entrance and exit, as well as handling steep curbs and driveways.
- The removable hardtop stores inside the Inizio.
- Multi-function power Seats including heating and cooling.
- Chassis built with optional extreme power plants offering customers a more powerful and diverse upgrade propulsion package.
- All body parts are manufactured to allow for a closed mold process making better quality, lighter and stronger parts. The production chassis has removable battery pods.