Locus Plethore Supercar
Having more than 22 years of experience in the fiber reinforced composite materials and in the exception car building, working, repairing and modifying Lamborghinis and other prestigious models, Luc Chartrand launched out into the design of a car that would represent perfection to him in terms of esthetics and mechanics.
After more than two years, he finally found a quite impressive concept. Inspired by other designers, he imagined a car that would stand out from others: with a really advanced interior and a quite large rear, an enormous air intake on each side, the LOCUS has no cause to be envious of any other cars in her class.
Often encouraged by friends, themselves Lamborghini owners, to get involved in the making of a prototype, Luc finally decided to produce one. The making goes well and the prototype that will serve as the mother mold is almost finished. The enthusiasm of people for this model is already noticeable.
It was made in urethane foam from a frame designed and built by Luc Chartrand. The shape was hand made and then covered in a special plaster. Once the first prototype completed, a plaster summary molding was made to build a glass fiber body. This body will serve in the making of the second and more precise prototype that will serve as a mother mold for final molds. Here are a few car models built by Luc Chartrand.
Starting with a glass fiber body, broadly molded in a plaster mold, the second prototype takes shape. Each piece will have to be finished with an exemplary precision and a perfect fit. All pieces will be mage in carbon fiber.
- Body: Carbon fiber
- Frame: Carbon fiber
- Suspension: air-electronic
- Adjustable steering column: electric and manual adjustment
- Driver’s seat: electric
- Mirrors: electric (memory)
- Windows: electric
- Air conditioning: auto climate control
- Interior: leather, 3 seats, central driving
- Audio equipment: 5.1 sound system, cd dvd, 7 speaker, GSS
- Door closing and opening: automatic, electric, manual and remote control
- Interior mirror: retrovision (camera LCD screen)
- Proximity sensor: front, back and lateral
- Tire pressure detector: 4 wheels
- Disposal: longitudinal and central
- Nameplate: GM
- Architecture: V8
- Capacity: 8,2 liters
- Power: 550 hp - 1000 hp
- Torque: 565 lb.
- Architecture: rear wheel drive
- Gearbox: 6 speed Tremec manual (aluminum)
- Differential: locking Getrag (aluminum)
- Disposal: power-assisted rack and pinion
- Suspension: independent wheel double wishbone suspension, shock absorber LOCUS systems
- Brakes: AP racing front, 15 inch ventilated disks, aluminum 6 piston-caliper
- Rear: 14 inch ventilated disks, aluminum 4 piston-caliper
- Wheelbase: 115 ¾ in or 294 cm
- Length: 178 inch or 452 cm
- Width: 87 ½ inch or 222 cm
- Height: 44 inch or 112 cm
- Weight: 1250 kg
- Tires: Michelin pilot sport
- Front: 255/40 zr/18
- Rear: 415/30 zr/18 (future availability 400/30zr/18)
- Rim: aluminum 3 parts
- Front: 18/9
- Rear: 18/13
- Automatic transmission