Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG orderes begin on November 16th; European prices announced
The German automaker Mercedes Benz has announced that the new SLS AMG super car will be taking domestic orders for the new Gullwing starting next Monday, on the 16th of November starting at 149,000 Euros, or 177,310 Euros including the continent’s Value Added Tax.
The SLS AMG is made up of an aluminum space frame body complete with gullwing doors, an AMG 6.2 Liter V8 mounted in the front midship position developing a maximum output of 571 HP and 480 lb-ft of torque in part thanks to the power plants dry sump lubrication system that sucks the pistons back down to Bottom Dead Center and can accelerate the SLS from 0 to 60 MPH in just 3.8 seconds. The super car is shifted via one of Mercedes Benz’s seven speed double clutch transmissions mounted at the rear of the vehicle in a transaxle configuration for ideal weight distribution of 47/53, front/rear. The SLS sits on an AMG tuned lightweight aluminum double wishbone sport suspension to reduce the unsprung mass and keeps the car’s center of gravity as low to the road surface as possible. The car’s curb weight has been kept to 1620 kilograms based on the Deutsches Institut für Normung, or German Institute of Standards. This combination of carefully chosen parts and fine tuning results in a superlative driving experience that can be enjoyed by everyone from a performance driving novice to a track day super star, thanks to this uncompromising sports car concept.
Full list of specifications and prices after the jump.
The new Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, the absolute highlight at this year’s International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt, is now available to order. From Monday, 16 November 2009, company-owned sales and service outlets and sales partners of the Mercedes-Benz brand in Germany will be taking orders for this super car with its characteristic gullwing doors. The sales price is 177,310 euros (including 19 % VAT).
"Following a high-profile world premiere at the IAA, we are very excited about the SLS AMG’s commercial release on Monday. There is huge interest in our new super sports car and we are convinced that the SLS AMG will captivate our customers," says Volker Mornhinweg, Chairman of the Management Board at Mercedes-AMG GmbH.
The SLS AMG’s unrivalled technology package is an alluring proposition: aluminium spaceframe body with gullwing doors, AMG 6.3-litre V8 front-mid-engine developing 420 kW/571 hp peak output, 650 Nm of torque and dry sump lubrication, seven-speed double-declutch transmission in a transaxle configuration, sports suspension with aluminium double wishbones and a kerb weight of 1620 kilograms based on the DIN standard – this superlative combination guarantees driving dynamics of the highest order. The front/rear weight distribution of 47 to 53 percent and the vehicle’s low centre of gravity are testimony to the uncompromising sports car concept. The ’Gullwing’ accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.8 seconds, before going on to a top speed of 317 km/h (electronically limited). Fuel consumption of 13.2 litres per 100 kilometres (combined) makes it one of the best among its competitors.
The SLS AMG sells at 149,000 euros net and 177,310 euros gross (including 19% VAT). Thanks to a diverse range of optional extras, the Gullwing model can be enhanced to suit any personal taste.
Some of the main options include:
- AMG ceramic composite high-performance braking system: €9500 net/ €11,305 gross
- AMG performance suspension with a stiffer setup for optimum lateral dynamics: €1200 net/€1428 gross
- AMG light-alloy wheels in a 5-twin-spoke design, size 9.5 x 19 inches (front) and 11.0 x 20 inches (rear), tyre sizes 265/35 R 19 (front) and 295/30 R 20 (rear): €950 net/€1130.50 gross
- AMG forged wheels in a 10-spoke design, size 9.5 x 19 inches (front) and 11.0 x 20 inches (rear), with tyre size 265/35 R 19 (front) and 295/30 R 20 (rear): €2000 net/€2380 gross
- AMG performance steering wheel in leather/Alcantara: €400 net/€476 gross
- AMG sports bucket seats: €3300 net/€3927 gross
- AMG carbon-fibre engine compartment cover: €4000 net/€4760 gross
- "AMG alubeam silver" paint finish: €10,000 net/€11,900 gross
- "AMG monza grey magno" paint finish: €3250 net/€3867.50 gross
- AMG carbon-fibre trim (front stowage tray and rear stowage compartment including lid, AMG DRIVE UNIT surround, surrounds for the centre console, shiftgate and rear, trim strips for centre console and door armrests): €3500 net/€4165 gross
- AMG interior carbon package (carbon-fibre trim, trim on seat backrests and sides, door sill panels): €3500 net/€4165 gross
- leather nappa exclusive single-/two-tone: €2500 net/€2975 gross
- Memory package with electric seat and steering column adjustment, as well as four-way lumbar support: €1225 net/€1457.75 gross
- 6-disc DVD changer: €660 net/€785.40 gross
- Bang & Olufsen BeoSound AMG surround sound system: €5900 net/ €7021 gross