New indoor speed record
When we see a car many of us are wondering wich is the top speed, the acceleration time, the power of the engine.
But among us are people who ask themeselves wich is the speed of the car not outside,on the roads but inside.
The Stig, drived a Toyota F1 car with 81 mph after he was clocked at 70 mph in a production Chevrolet Lacetti, in an empty hall in London.
Last week Phil Cooper, champion in the British Autograss Series set an 82 mph record in this race car,powered by a Toyota engine.
The event was organized by Autosport and Autocar andd took place on 12 December at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham.
The highest speed indoor by a road-legal car was achieved by Autocar editor Steve Sutcliffe who was clocked at 76.8 mph in a road-legal Ariel Atom.
The two new world records are being submitted for the Guiness Book of World Records.
- Autograss Special 280HP - 82mph
- Ariel Atom Supercharged 300HP - 76,79mph
- Mitsubishi EVO FQ360 366HP - 75,6mph
- Audi RS4 (LT) 414HP - 72mph
- Ford GT 500HP - 71mph
- Caterham CSR260 260HP - 68mph
- Shelby Daytona Cobra 530HP - 68mph
- Westfield Sport 2000 192HP - 68mph
- Mini Works GP 215HP - 64mph
- BMW Z4M 338HP - 64mph
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage 380HP - 64mph
- Jaguar XKR (LT) 420HP - 59mph
- Mercedes AMG 503HP - 44mph