Nissan GT-R Spec-V specifications leaked
The guys over at GT-R Blog have their hooks deep into everything about the Nissan GT-R (obviously). So it’s no surprise they were able to get their hands on some of the specs for the upcoming Spec V edition of the Japanese supercar.
The biggest upgrades to the car seem to be weight savings mostly through carbon fiber parts and the deletion of the back seat. It also features overboost button for increased midrange boost during passing. No engine upgrade has been confirmed. As reported last month, in 2009 all GT-Rs will get five more horsepower, for a total of 485 — well, that’s official numbers.
It seems that although Nissan has pulled out of the January’s North American Auto Show in Detroit, it will use the GT-R Spec V to generate some news in its absence. The Spec V is expected to be officially revealed on January 8th, most likely in Japan.
Full specifications after the jump.
- Carbon fiber MFD surround
- Carbon fiber mirror switch surround
- Black interior only
- Silver painted panels are now chrome
- Carbon fiber front seats
- Carbon fiber rear shelf replaces seats
- Carbon fiber grille painted matte clear
- Carbon fiber rear wing painted matte clear
- Carbon fiber ducts in front lip spoiler
- New color available: Ultimate Black Pearl, this is said to be a purplish black
- Available colors: Ultimate Black Pearl, Brilliant White (new for MY09), Red, Dark Metal Gray, Black
Wheels and Suspension:
- Rays 20″ Forged Aluminum Wheels
- Bilstein Damptronic suspension upgraded, superiour in performance to the Nismo ClubSport package suspension
- Dunlop Tires (no cost option)
- Thatcham alarm system
- BOSE Sound System and ETC (Electronic Toll Card system)
- Ultimate Black Pearl Paint - a 577,500 yen option
The Bottom Line
- Base Price: 15,750,000 yen excluding tax
- Fully Optioned: 16,978,500 yen excluding tax
(about $165,000 at direct current rates)
(about $180,000 at direct current rates)
Source: GTR Blog