Porsche 997 Twin-Turbo by Vividracing
Most customers are satisfied with the stock performance of a Porsche Turbo, but as long as there are gear heads that think they know how to make more power than a team of Germany’s best engineers; highly modified 911s will continue to amaze us. One of the best things about the 997 Turbo is that the 3.6 Liter flat six cylinder engine has been one of Porsche’s specialties for over a decade so from the factory, the all wheel drive turbo’s 470 HP and 460 lb-ft of torque makes for a very manageable super car experience with a mid 3 second 0 to 60 MPH time and a top speed up around 200 MPH. The one problem with that theoretical top speed is that at around 150 MPH the air gets a little thicker and the more power you have the easier it is to get to the magic mile per hour.
Leading up to the top speed extravaganza known as the Texas Mile, the aftermarket specialists at VividRacing thought that an 800 HP blue blur would be their best bet to make their mark. The team has redesigned the car’s intake system relocating the air filters in the clean air stream next to the intercoolers, which now have a full three inch connecting the chillers to the intake manifold. The matte blue 911 Turbo also makes use of a pair of BOVs to leak the excessive amount of boost that it takes to make a maximum output of 800 HP from only 3.6 Liters.
Planning on reaching speeds in the realm of ridiculous, VividRacing decided to upgrade the Porsche’s rear brakes to match the front Brembo setup complete with racy two piece rotors. Stiffening the chassis and adding an extra element of safety for the driver, the crew at the high performance online retailer fitted an Agency Power Roll Bar. After all, the cars that will gather at the Texas mile in a few weeks are only going to spend a fraction of their time on the stretch of open highway at speed. So while they plan on making the Porsche look pretty in the paddock the specialists at VividRacing changed out the project car’s old HRE P43 wheels for a set of new HRE P40’s finished in flat black to match the exterior.
Car specifications after the jump.
So we are trying to finalize some mods for the Texas Mile and continue our 800HP beast. We have removed our Agency Power Cold Air Intake and are redesigning our Ypipe to be 3 inch all the way from the intercoolers to the upgraded throttle body and plenum. Before our YPipe necked down which really was not condusive to flow. Since we are changing the Ypipe design, we will also need to relocate our intakes. Much like you have seen on other cars, we have opted to run short elbows and put our filters/MAF where the intercoolers are. To make sure we keep the cool air flowing through the duct work, we have notched the plastic housing to house the K&N filters as well.
I should have updated pictures and more info by the weeks end. Oh yeah, to drive people crazy, we wrapped the car FLAT BLUE!
- Vivid Racing 800HP Performance Kit
- Custom Aluminum Intercooler Piping
- Custom Aluminum (powdercoated red) Larger Y-Pipe
- Custom T-Pipe with CTT Larger Throttle Body
- Converted Porsche oil and water fittings to AN for Garrett turbos
- Garrett GT3076rs Turbochargers with a .63a/r
- Tial 44mm External Wastegates
- Agency Power High Flow Bar and Plate Intercoolers
- Agency Power Silicone 4pc Boost Hose Set
- Agency Power Cold Air Intake Kit with Carbon Fiber Cover
- Agency Power Adjustable Blow Off Valves set up 50/50
- Agency Power High Flow Performance Headers modified for Garrett turbos and Tial Wastegates
- JIC Cross 80mm Exhaust system with Quad Tips
- Softronic custom ECU Tuning. VTG delete mod, race gas and pump gas map.
- Greddy Profec B Electronic Boost Controller
- Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Front Bumper
- Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Rear Bumper
- TechArt Side Skirts
- MaShaw GT2 Rear Wing
- VR LED Front Marker Lights
- Clear Side Markers
- JIC Cross Racing Coilovers
- Agency Power Front 27mm Sway Bar
- Agency Power Rear 24mm Sway Bar
- Agency Power Front Adjustable Sway Bar LInks
- Agency Power Rear Adjustable Toe Links
- Agency Power Rear Adjustable Control Arms
- Corner Balanced and Aligned – GT2 Specs
- HRE P43 Monoblock Wheels 19×8.5 and 19×11 Textured Black
- Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Tires 235/35/19 and 305/30/19
- Brembo 2pc Floating Slotted Rotors Front – 4lbs lighter then stock
- Brembo 2pc Floating Slotted Rotors Rear – 3lbs lighter then stock
- Agency Power Front and Rear Steel Braided Brake Lines
- Endless Racing Brake Fluid
- Agency Power Short Throw Shifter Kit
- Agency Power Precision Shift Linkage
- Clutch Masters Stage 3 Full Disk Clutch Kit
- Agency Power Bolt-in Performance Roll Bar with removal harness and diagonal bar color matched to car
- Red Seat Belts
- Carbon Trim
- Laser Jammers by Blinder
- Valetine Radar Detector Hard Mounted
Source: GT Spirit