Early estimates have the one-off Huracan selling for almost $500,000

Back in November 2017, Lamborghini decided to gift Pope Francis with his own one-off Lamborghini Huracan. The Pontiff graciously declined the gift, opting instead to donate it in the name of charity. Fast forward months later and the aforementioned one-off Huracan is now set to be auctioned off without a reserve price by RM Sotheby’s in Monaco on May 12.

Prepare to Spend Big if You Want to Own Pope Francis' One-Off Lamborghini Huracan Exterior
- image 745569
And as an added treat, the hood of the supercar comes with the signature of no less than Pope Francis himself.

Those who are interested in taking home this incredible one-off, Pope Francis-signed Lamborghini Huracan will need to have deep pockets when they attend RM Sotheby’s auction in Monaco this month. According to the auction house, the exclusive supercar is expected to fetch a price from €250,000 to €350,000. That’s around $303,000 to $425,000 based on current exchange rates. It’s a lot more money than the $200,000-plus you’ll have to spend for a standard Huracan, but the added cost should be worth it, especially when you consider the provenance behind it.

This isn’t your typical Lamborghini Huracan, folks. Not only was it offered as a gift to Pope Francis, but it’s also the product of Lamborghini’s Ad Personam program. That’s why it looks the way it does. The whole body is largely painted in a Bianco Monocerus paint finish, and it’s complemented by Giallo Tiberio stripes and accents. Together, the two colors are Lambo’s way of paying homage to the flag of Vatican City. In addition, the interior of the one-off Huracan features Bianco Leda Sportivo leather and Lamborghini crests on the headrests, among other exclusive styling details.

Prepare to Spend Big if You Want to Own Pope Francis' One-Off Lamborghini Huracan Exterior
- image 745573
All the proceeds from the auction will go to a number of beneficiaries, including the Iraqi city of Nineveh, which was besieged by ISIS

And as an added treat, the hood of the supercar comes with the signature of no less than Pope Francis himself. The Pontiff memorably signed it last November when Lamborghini delivered the car to Vatican City for him to bless and donate to RM Sotheby’s. Since that time, Lamborghini has kept the car in storage while waiting for RM Sotheby’s to put it up for auction.

Now that the auction in Monaco is less than two weeks away, look for this one-off Huracan to sell for much more than RM Sotheby’s own estimates. Hopefully, it turns out that way because all the proceeds from the auction will go to a number of beneficiaries, including the Iraqi city of Nineveh, which was besieged by ISIS. The city is reportedly getting 70 percent of all proceeds. The remaining 30 percent will be divided between Amici per il Centrafrica Onlus, Groupe International Chirurgiens Amis de la Main, and the Pope John XXIII Community Association.

References

Prepare to Spend Big if You Want to Own Pope Francis' One-Off Lamborghini Huracan Exterior
- image 745571

Craziest Thing This Week: The Pope Blesses a Lamborghini Huracan

Lamborghini Huracan

2015 - 2016 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 High Resolution Exterior
- image 674398

Read our full review on the 2017 Lamborghini Huracan.

GQ Talks Shop With The Boys From The Grand Tour: Video
- image 733375

Read more celebrity news.

What do you think?
Show Comments
Car Finder: