RoadRazer: 60mph in 3 seconds
The RoadRazer’s design philosophy is "Form Follows Function". Authenticity is the key word. This driving machine is designed to give you the ultimate driving experience.
Located just three inches from the ground, you will experience an authentic ’formula car’ experience, with acceleration, braking performance and cornering capabilities that are second to none.
Sitting in the ’single-seater’ position the driver can experience the dynamics of the wishbone suspension and the in-board spring dampers whilst performance can be further enhanced by the adjustable suspension. The wheels are visible from this prime seating position, enabling you to have full control over the positioning of the RoadRazer on the track and on the road.
The car’s unique design complements itself to achieving maximum down force whilst it thankfully lacks any unnecessary materials used for styling purposes only.
Think of the Roadrazer as an extension of yourself. A man-machine interface in the most extreme form.
A serious sports car, the RoadRazer comes with the option of data acquisition for logging driving performances and later analysis of acceleration, breaking and cornering performance.
Weighing just 666 lbs, the RoadRazer’s dry-sump converted Suzuki Hayabusa 1300cc engine pushes out approximately 175hp, achieving 62mph in just three-seconds. Featuring sleek carbon fibre chassis and bodywork, the RoadRazer promises to deliver stunning performance levels thanks to the car’s extremely low-weight, low centre of gravity and effective aerodynamics. Share the passion. Book a test drive.
The RoadRazer is a car you "wear" so width and height of the driver’s seat can be customized.
The RoadRazer is a car fulfilling one purpose only.... Extreme performance. The main criteria’s for realizing stunning performance has been low weight, low center of gravity and effective aerodynamics. Extensive use of carbon fiber (just like a formula 1 car) and lightweight metals has been the key to weight savings without sacrificing safety. With a dry weight of only 300 kg you will be sure to find acceleration, cornering capabilities and braking performance second to none.
The RoadRazer is powered by a dry-sump converted Suzuki Hayabusa engine. The engine delivers app. 175 hp. A six speed sequential gearbox is activated by steering wheel mounted paddles. Use of the clutch is only needed on downshifts. In order to make sure that the power is effectively transmitted to the road a ’torque sensing’ differential is fitted. All wheels are 7" x 17" lightweight OZ superleggera (shoot peened for extra strength and weight saving). Tyres are Yokohama ADVAN 215/50-17.
The central part of the RoadRazer is the monocoque. The monocoque is made from a sandwich of carbon/aluminium honeycomb/carbon. Galvanic isolation between carbon and aluminium is fitted to prevent corrosion. The monocoque delivers extreme torsional stiffness as well as a safety cell for driver and passenger. Replaceable nose cone, side pods as well as the engine cover will absorb energy during a crash. Roll over protection is fitted under the engine cover.
The overall shape of the RoadRazer emphasizes on reliable negative lift, mainly generated by the shape of the side pods. The raised nose is not only implemented for aerodynamic reasons, the primary reason was to achieve ground clearance for better handling in real life situations like parking etc.
In the RoadRazer you can share the driving experience with a passenger. The passenger is situated just behind the driver, with the legs on each side of the driver. The passenger seat is not as comfortable as the drivers seat. Who would want a passenger to stay for a long ride anyway....
Brakes are generously dimensioned. In front 320 mm disks are combined with six-piston calipers. At the rear end 282 mm disks are fitted with two-piston calipers.
In order to obtain the preferred driving position, the steering wheel can be adjusted in height. For depth adjustment spacers are needed. The Steering wheel can be detached for easier access as well as added anti-theft protection.
When sitting in the drivers seat of the RoadRazer you will get an authentic formula car experience. You are seated just 3" above the ground tightly secured by a six-point 3" safety harness. The seat is a fixed part of the chassis. The small steering wheel will provide you with a real intense ’road-feeling’. All controls (used when driving and except pedals of course) are mounted on the steering wheel. A LED/LCD instrument cluster will provided information like revs, speed, acceleration, shift light etc..
The RoadRazer provides you with the experience of superb acceleration, breaking and cornering capabilities through the use of light weight technology.
The sports car’s monocoque comprises a sandwich of carbon, aluminium honeycomb and carbon, delivering extreme torsional stiffness.
The driver and the passenger, who sits directly behind the driver with legs straddled either side, are protected inside the monocoque with front and side protection by means of replaceable bodywork, whilst other safety features include a foam-filled safety fuel cell.
Developed using state of the art technology, the RoadRazer also features a six-speed sequential gearbox, aluminium double-wishbones, a Quaife diff and push rod operated in-board adjustable dampers.
The RoadRazer is made from composites, anodized aluminium and stainless steel, preventing any future corrosion.
- Carbon fibre monocoque
- Carbon/aluminium honeycomb/carbon sandwich
- Aluminium hard points
- Chassis molded from prepreg
- under vacuum and cured at high temperature
- Two seats integral part of chassis
- Monocoque part of wind licked surfaces
- 1300 cc Hayabusa engine
- Converted to dry sump
- App. 180 HP
- 6 speed forward
- Torsen differential
- Multi plate wet clutch
- Semiautomatic gear change, buttons on steering wheel
- Clutch only used on down shifts
- Front and rear double wishbone (aluminium)
- Front and rear uprights (aluminium)
- Front: Pushrod over rocker to adjustable coil overdamper
- Rear: Pull rod over rocker to adjustable coil over damper
- Rims front and rear: 17 x 7 OZ super leggera
- Tires front and rear: Yokohama Advan 215/50-17
- Rack and pinion
- Steering wheel height adjustment
- Front: 320 mm disks, 6 piston caliper
- Rear: 282 mm disks, 2 piston caliper
- Adjustable bias front/rear balance
- Electro-mechanical hand brake
- THERMAL MANAGEMENT, LUBRIFICATION
- Air intakes on each side of monocoque
- Radiator positioned in rear part
- Dry-sump, 6 liter oil tank, oil cooler
- Guided airflow for optimized aerodynamics
- Driver and passenger protected inside monocoque
- Front and side crash protection by means of replaceable bodywork
- 3"safety harness
- Steering wheel fitted with quick release hub
- Roll over protection
- All primary buttons and paddles placed on steeringwheel
- Digital instrumentation with LED RPM scale
- Programmable shift light
- Logging of max speed, acceleration, braking
- Scrolling through menus by steering wheels mounted button
- FUEL SYSTEM
- 20 liter foam filled safety fuel cell centrally mounted
- Moderate down force by means of ground effect
- Nosecone (integrated crash structure)
- Side pods
- Rear (engine cover)
- Front cover
- All parts made from carbon fiber
- WEIGHT, DIMENSIONS
- Target weight: 300 Kg [666 lbs] (dry, without driver/passenger)
- Length: 342 cm [135 inches]
- Width : 180 cm [71 inches]
- Wheel base: 228 cm [90 inches]
- Max height: 117 cm [46 inches]
- Clearance: 7,5 cm [3 inches]
- 300 kg
- Road Legal (SVA in the UK)
- 0-62 mph in 3 sec (0-100 km/t)
- Carbon fibre monocoque
- Carbon fibre replacable body parts
- 2 seats