Russo & Steele
So, you’re in the Monterey, California area this coming week-end, and you know all about the Concours at Pebble Beach and the races nearby at nearby Laguna Seca, but you still have some time on your hands, and you have money to burn.
Well, then, Russo & Steele is just what you’re looking for.
In conjunction with the Pebble Beach week-end, Russo & Steele will be holding an auction from August 16th through the 18th.
Russo & Steele has the reputation of dealing in more classic vehicles than, say, the more telegenic auctioneer, Barrett-Jackson. But they are a premier auction and command the finest in cars to go across the block:
Here’s a sample, just in case your in the neighborhood and in the money:
- 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing
- Another Gullwing, this one a 1955, described as a complete and perfect restoration, numbers matching
- 1965 Shelby 350 GTR, the racing version
- Another 1965 Shelby GT, this one the street version
- 1967 McLaren M6-GT, the roadgoing version of the Can-Am car. One was built for Bruce McLaren, the other for Dennis Hulme.
- 1970 Hemi Cuda convertible, one of 32 with California emissions
- 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham. The most expensive car produced in America at the time, number 40 of 400.
- 1964 Jaguar E-Type roadster
- 1968 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi
- 1969 Ferrari 365 GT coupe
Plus, of course, the obligatory Corvettes, Mustangs, the smattering of hot rods, and the occasional semi-classic, such as the Lincoln Zephyr.
Check www.russoandsteele.com for the complete list, and head to the Marriott in Monterey if you want to be there.