Specter Werkes C6 Corvette GTR
Specter Werkes announced the all-new, C6-based Corvette GTR - the successor to the limited-edition C5 GTR program that helped forge the company’s reputation as a Corvette performance and styling specialist a decade ago.
Retaining the intrinsic character of the Corvette, the GTR enhances its appearance, performance and luxury quotient. It is available on all C6 Corvette models, including the base coupe and convertible, the Z06 and even the forthcoming ZR1.
"The GTR is the Corvette for enthusiasts who want an exclusive, distinctive automobile," said Jeff Nowicki, Specter Werkes/Sports president and founder. "It’s an uncompromising combination of great looks and racetrack-capable performance."
Featuring the use of exposed carbon fiber details on the exterior, the GTR package includes:
∑ Unique GTR bodywork, including: front fascia, carbon fiber splitter, extractor hood, front fenders, doors, rocker panels, rear fenders, rear fascia, carbon fiber rear diffuser, Cleartastic paint protection, paint and assembly
More after the jump.
- Headlamp bezels with exposed carbon fiber appearance
- Unique tail lamps and CHMSL
- Michelin Pilot Sport 2 Zero PressTires; 335ZR2520 (rear) and 285ZR3019 (front)
- Forgeline or HRE wheels; 19-inch in the front and 20-inch in the rear
- Carbon fiber fuel rail covers and carbon fiber, low-restriction air box
- Hotchkis stablilizer bar kit
- GTR-embroidered seats and serial-numbered dash plaque
- Stainless steel performance exhaust system
- GTR badges
- Mobil 1 Synthetic Fluids
The Corvette GTR package carries a base price of $34,995, with a variety of high-performance powertrain options available for additional cost. Production is expected to begin this spring, with each vehicle hand-built, numbered and fully documented for the customer.
The Specter Werkes/Sports GTR was first launched a decade ago and saw the creation of nearly 30 specialized cars that were delivered across the country - including the two most notable GTRs, which were created for Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Jr., in 2001.