SRT Viper GTS Orders are Through the Roof
In the grand scheme of auto sales, the majority of buyers will opt for the base model of any particular car, leaving the top trims for those clients with more money. However, it appears that this rule has been flipped on its ear in regards to the SRT Viper. According to SRT, who was as surprised as we are, almost 90 percent of the orders placed for the new Viper are for the more luxurious GTS trim.
To put this in perspective, the standard SRT Viper is priced at $97,395 and the GTS version is set at $120,395 – a massive $23k hike. For this extra scratch, customers get an increased level of luxury that includes: Sabelt seats wrapped in Nappa premium leather in black, red or caramel, lots of Alcantara, a standard 12-speaker sound system, standard navigation, red brake calipers, and advanced suspension and stability control systems.
Considering that SRT is also going to offer a Viper TA Edition, it is safe to say that the standard version won’t enjoy the success SRT initially hoped for, but these upper-level models should make up for it.
Hit the jump for more details about the SRT Viper.
About the SRT Viper
The new Viper is powered by an all-new 8.4-liter all-aluminum V-10 engine that delivers a total of 640 horsepower and 600 pound-feet of torque. The new engine will mates to an improved Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission and will sprint the Viper from 0 to 60 mph in the low-3-second range. Top speed is set at an amazing 206 mph.
The new Viper is priced from $97,395 in the standard version and from $120,395 in the GTS version. There are tons of options to choose from, so it is pretty much impossible to see two Viper alike on the street.
Short list of standard features for the GTS:
- Deck lid spoiler
- Fascias - body color
- Front brake ducts and rear applique — piano black
- Hood — carbon fiber clamshell with two air extractors and center air intake, GTS model exclusive
- Mirrors — dual outside power
- Rear backup camera — high definition
- Roof — carbon fiber “Double Bubble” for maximum head clearance
- Tail lamps — fully integrated with 70 LEDs and integrated turn signal lamps
- Windshield wipers — variable intermittent, two-speed with low-profile flat blades
- X-brace — structural extruded aluminum for added torsional stiffness
- Door Trim Panels in Black Nappa leather wrapped with contrasting stitching and color inserts (black, red, tan)
- Engine start and accessory switch button — red
- Floor mats — with model insignia, no cost option on Viper
- Garage door opener — integrated remote
- Glove box — power locking and releasing
- Headliner in Black special grade fabric
- Steering Wheel — SRT-design leather-wrapped with function controls for launch control, Uconnect voice command, rear-mounted audio controls, automatic speed control and digital information display controls
- 12-speaker Harman Kardon audio system including two subwoofers and surround sound