Subaru WRX STi spec C TYPE RA-R
The Impreza have already a large number of special editions some prepared by the factory and some by motorsport groups. The Impreza WRX STi spec C TYPE RA-R is the last special edition form Subaru, the Japanese car company.
A larger-diameter turbine and ECU reprogramming combined with improved breathing up front and a freer-flowing exhaust gives 320hp @6400rpm from a 2 litre 4 cyl turbo engine.
The suspension is upgraded, by lowering the car with 15mm compared to the stock car. Six-piston brembo brakes in front (with STI logo) is a first in Japanese mass-production car.
The 18" weels (235/40) are specialy made for WRX STi spec C TYPE RA-R and comes with Brigestone tires. The car weigh 1390kg so is lighter than JDM STI by 154 lbs.
The body comes in three colours: WR Rally Blue Mica, Pure White, yellow (limited to 50 of the 300 cars).
A carbon fiber rear wing and a different BBS wheel style are optional avaible. The Recaro sports seats can be optional upgraded to a full bucket racing seats. But surely , this Impreza WRX STi spec C TYPE RA-R is not the last or the first special edition who came for a standard Subaru model, so be ready for a new derived model soon.
Partial equipment list:
- large ball bearing twin-scroll turbo
- sports ECU
- sports cat
- low back pressure stainless sports muffler (110mm)
- reinforced silicon air intake duct
- tuning struts
- reinforced ’low-down’ springs (15mm lower than spec C)
- aluminum pillowball lateral links with bushings
- front lower arm bar
- 22mm rear stabilizer bar
- 235/40-18 Bridgestone RE070 tires
- white aluminum 18x8.5 wheels
- silver monoblock 6-pot Brembo calipers with STI logo (front)
- silver 2-pot Brembo calipers with STI logo (rear)
- 18" 2-piston type Brembo grooved rotors (front)
- 17" Brembo grooved rotors (rear)
- front underskirt (with lip)
- red-outlined front center grill