Taylor Hicks To Star in Ford’s National Advertising
Fresh on the heels of his American Idol(R) victory, Taylor Hicks will launch a new ad for Ford’s model year-end sales event. In the television ad, which debuts on June 15, Hicks sings and dances to a new song, "Possibilities."
"Taylor Hicks is living the American dream and we’re excited to be a part of his journey to stardom," said John Felice, Ford brand general marketing manager. "It’s a bold move to audition for American Idol and it takes talent, hard work and confidence to win. That’s why Taylor is such a great fit for Ford."
"Possibilities has a great vibe, and it’s a blast to dance to," said Hicks. "I’m thrilled to be given a chance to perform it as part of the Ford family."
The commercial was created by JWT Detroit and directed by Michael Humboldt of Plum Productions. Print executions featuring Hicks will debut nationally in USA Today and major newsweeklies. The 60- and 30-second television and radio spots will begin airing locally and nationally on June 15.
Ford’s "Drive on Us" promotion runs through July 31, and is available in most major markets. The details are as follows:
- "Drive on Us" includes zero percent financing on nearly all 2006 Ford models, plus customers pay $0 for gas, E-85 or diesel fuel through the end of the year.
- As part of every sale, Ford will offer customers a pre-paid MasterCard debit card that can be used to purchase up to $1,000 of gas, E-85 or diesel — enough to drive 6,000 miles ($1,100 on select trucks and SUVs).
- Alternatively, customers can choose bonus cash of $1,000 which can be taken in cash or applied to the purchase agreement.
- Customer cash of $1,000 - $4,000 is available on several models in lieu of zero percent financing.
- Ford’s most fuel-efficient cars, its technologically advanced Escape Hybrid and its most capable trucks and SUVs are included.
- The Ford GT and the Ford Mustang GT are not included in the "Drive on Us" promotion.
During the Idol finale, Hicks and fellow finalist Katharine McPhee both received new Mustang convertibles. Ford has been a proud sponsor of American Idol since its debut season in June of 2002.