Ten stupid car laws
Okay, not to poke fun at the government or the people involved, but poke, poke, poke. We have done some research to come up with some ridiculous laws involving automobiles. Be it vehicular sex, color choices, or weird orders, these laws just don’t make any sense.
Why do these strange laws exist? Well, typically these laws were created due to some issue that existed back in the day. Why can’t you hunt on Sundays? Well, back when religion was a part of life instead of just a passing trend, laws were created to encourage people to attend church on Sundays. Why can’t you flag down a taxi in London if you have the plague? Okay, the reason behind that one is obvious, but the plague is entirely irrelevant in this day and age.
Are all of these ridiculous laws followed? Of course not. Some may have been taken out of law books and others may just not be reinforced, but all are a hilarious way to spend a few minutes of one’s time. Feel free to tell us some of the stupid laws you’ve encountered.
Hit the jump to partake in some good old-fashioned rib-tickling laws.
- In Alabama, it’s illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle. However, it is legal to drive the wrong way on a one way street if you have a lantern on the front of your car.
- In Denver, Colorado, it is illegal to drive a black car on Sunday.
- In Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, it’s legal to make love while parked. Police officers aren’t allowed to walk up and knock on the window. Any suspicious officer who thinks that sex is taking place must drive up from behind, honk his horn three times and wait approximately two minutes before getting out of his car to investigate.
- In Massachusetts, taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts.
- In New Mexico, it’s legal for couples to have sex in a parked vehicle during their lunch break from work, as long as the car or van has drawn curtains to stop strangers from peeking.
- In Ohio, riding on the roof of a taxi cab is not allowed. Also, the Ohio driver’s education manual states that you must honk the horn whenever you pass another car.
- In Tennessee, a man must walk in front of any car driven by a woman while waving a red flag as a warning.
- In Tremonton, Utah, no woman may have sex with a man while riding in an ambulance. If caught, the woman can be charged with a sexual misdemeanor and "her name is to be published in the local newspaper." The man isn’t charged nor is his name revealed.
- In Washington, it is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the Chief of Police as he is entering the town.