The AMR Track Performance Pack for the Aston Martin Valkyrie Rides the Line Between Crazy and Insane
There are also options to make your one-of-a-kind even more uniqueby Sidd Dhimaan, on
Such news always messes up my thought process for a while. How can an insanely powerful hypercar get add-ons that will make it all the more powerful? Somehow Aston Martin has managed to accomplish it. The AMR Track Performance PAck for the 2018 Aston Martin Valkyrie is not just about the performance; it includes a vast array of add-ons that can make it stand out even more than it already does....if you can believe that.
The 2018 Valkyrie Doesn’t Exist Yet; Why Does it Need a Performance Pack?
If you have the moolah, the sky is the limit here. To refresh your memory, the Aston Martin Valkyrie comes with a price-tag of $3.2 million in its ‘bare bones’ form. The 150 wealthy customers that will soon become the owners of the fastest road-legal production car in the world are being given an option to make their Valkyrie all the more desirable. What’s funny is that even though the company is rolling out ways to make buyers’ pockets lighter, it still does not have the car in its final production form. That’s right - the production car, technically, doesn’t exist yet.
According to Aston’s design director, Miles Nurberger, the first validation prototype hasn’t been manufactured yet.
The Valkyrie will come powered with a Cosworth-developed 6.5-liter, naturally aspirated V-12 engine that churns out 1000 horsepower at 10,500 rpm.
This will work in tandem with a hybrid system that will add an unknown amount of electrical assistance. Currently, this engine is being tested in the chassis of an old LMP race car. Since the Valkyrie is Aston Martin and Red Bull Racing’s lovechild, it is making good use of the facilities available with both the companies under the supervision of the chief test driver Chris Goodwin.
Aston Martin Will Leave You Spoiled With Choices
To put things into perspective, the Valkyrie - when fitted with AMR Track Performance Pack - will be eight-percent faster on the track than the standard Valkyrie. However, there is a caveat:
The performance pack's equipment will change the supercar’s status to ‘track-only.’
But the good news is that all the parts can be interchanged with standard road-legal parts to make it street-legal again as long as you’re willing to put in the effort. The AMR Performance Pack includes a separate front clamshell that makes this beauty even more aerodynamic. The Pack will include lighter titanium braking components, different suspension springs, sway bars that reduce the Valkyrie’s height by 50 mm, and carbon "aero discs" that sit inside the Valkyrie’s wheels to reduce drag.
Changes Are Not Limited To The Engine and Mechanicals
Unlike other cars that are available with pure performance packs, the Valkyrie will be much more than just fast performance.
Other than the AMR Performance Pack, Aston Martin is also offering three AMR livery designs - Spirit (silver), Mantis (green), and Ultimate (black) – each claimed to add just 1.5 pounds to the weight of the car's naked carbon-fiber shell.
If this does not please you, the Aston Martin’s “Q” bespoke division will let you customize the car to your exact specification. Aston Martin also offers a huge palette of colors, trims, and materials. Since there are just 150 cars on offer, we don’t think any two Valkyries will look the same.
To talk about the luxuries that can be added to the Valkyrie, customers can choose to opt for the titanium Aston Martin badge or an even lighter mesh design that will sit under the top coat of the chosen paint finish. The steering wheel can also be chosen with titanium switchgear. Even if this does not make you happy, Aston Martin is offering the option to go for the 24-karat-gold detailing and some considerably plusher materials for the cabin that otherwise has various shades of gray carbon. Phew, now you understand what I mean by ‘messes up my thought process’?
We don’t know how much of a premium Aston Martin will charge for all these add-ons. But going by the history and the market trend, the in-house design teams make sure they double the base price of the car with these add-ons. So, a price tag in the ballpark of $5 million isn’t a bad guess. What are your thoughts on the Valkyrie and the optional packages? Share them with us in the comments section below.
2020 Aston Martin Valkyrie specifications
|Engine||6.5-liter V-12 engine and an electric motor|
|Combined output||1,000 HP @ 10,500 RPM|
|Torque||546 LB-FT @ 7,000 RPM|
|Curb weight||2,270 Lbs|
|0 to 60 mph||2.5 seconds|
|Top Speed||250 mph|
|Curb weight||2,270 Lbs|
KEY OPTIONS IN FEATURED SPECIFICATION IMAGES
AMR TRACK PERFORMANCE PACK
- New aerodynamic front clam and full set of body panels painted in 1 of 3 AMR exclusive liveries (Custom track liveries available as an option through Q Commission team) – Stirling Green and Lime livery showcased in imagery
- Lightweight titanium brake setup
- Magnesium wheel with track aero-disks set
- Track focussed suspension setup (revised dampers, torsion bars, anti-roll bars)
ULTIMATE – ‘Q by Aston Martin’ Designer Specification
- Fully exposed satin carbon fibre body – Q by Aston Martin
- Red tinted carbon fibre roof and engine cover – Q by Aston Martin
- Carbon fibre aero discs with bespoke graphic detailing – Q by Aston Martin
- Satin Mokume carbon fibre exterior and interior detailing including headlamp bezels, steering wheel face plate, central vent and side pod vents
- Red woven leather in central armrest and door insert
- Red seat harnesses
MANTIS – ‘Q by Aston Martin’ Designer Specification
- ‘Iridescent Emerald’ Q by Aston Martin Collection Paint
- Gold Pack – Q by Aston Martin commissioned exterior and interior detailing
- 24–Carat Gold Leaf exterior livery applied to side swage line and front bonnet
- Gold Plated Stainless Steel Ultrafine Wings Badge
- Gold Anodised Oil Filler Cap
- Gold Anodised Interior Jewellery
- Honeycomb aluminium gold anodised detailing on wheel
- Green tinted carbon fibre roof and engine cover
- Gloss Mokume carbon fibre exterior and interior detailing including headlamp bezels, steering wheel face plate, central vent and side pod vents
SPIRIT – Designer Specification
- ‘Ethanol Silver’ paint finish
- ‘Caycous Orange’ exterior graphics
- Matte black diamond turned aluminium honeycomb wheels with black calipers
- Exposed gloss lacquered carbon fibre roof and engine cover
- Black textured tail pipes
- ‘Grey Blend’ alcantara interior trim
- Black anodised interior jewellery
Read up on everything we know about the 2019 Aston Martin Valkyrie