The Porsche Panamera Racecar has gone testing
After Porsche unveiled the Panamera sedan, its racing division and N.Technology started the work on its racing version based on the Panamera S.
And after months of work, the Panamera Racecar was taken out to do some testing for the first time. The official debut will be made at the Superstars Series series set for the Hockenheim ring in Germany on June 12-13, 2010.
Partnering, one again, with N.Technology is Italian touring car legend Fabrizio Giovanardi. Giovanardi has won eight touring car titles including British and European crowns. He will be driving thePorsche Panamera racecar which features the same V8 engine found in the Panamera S, but tuned to deliver 450bhp instead of the standard 394bhp. The racecar has also shed some weight bringing it down to a fancy 1,320kg.
Check out all of the Porsche Panamera’s specifications after the jump.
- Chassis: Steel frame with aluminum components
- Engine: V8, front
- Capacity: 4.8 litres, 4 valves per cylinders
- Power: 450hp
- Intake: Single throttle
- Traction: Rear wheel drive
- Friction: Carbon double discs diameter 184 mm
- Gearbox/transmission: 6 gear sequential, self locking ramps and plates differential
- Brakes: Front 355×35 disc, with 6 pots caliper, Rear 330×32 disc, with 4 pots caliper
- Steering: Pinion and rack
- Suspensions: Front double wishbone with 3 ways adjustable dampers, rear four rods multilink with 3 ways adjustable dampers
- Wheels: Magnesium wheels 10,5×18
- Tires: Michelin 27/68-18
- Aerodynamics: Front splitter, front and rear widened fenders, Rear wing (single supplier of the same element for all cars)
- Weight: 1,320kg
Source: Jon Sibal