The Ram Rebel TRX Could Have Adjustable Suspension and Steering
It just gets better and better, doesn’t it?by Sidd Dhimaan, on
Ram is not able to contain the buzz surrounding the 2021 Ram Rebel TRX as more information comes to light. As per Allpar.com’s latest report, The Rebel TRX will most likely come equipped with adjustable steering and suspension systems like the Hellcat and Trackhawk models. A drive selector could also make its way in here. It seems like we can expect a lot of parts from other fancy FCA products to feature in the upcoming Rebel TRX.
What Kind of Suspension System Does the Ram Rebel TRX Have?
According to Allpar, the Rebel TRM will come equipped with a drive mode selector that will allow the driver to change the way the car behaves. Settings such as stability control and throttle sensitivity could be altered with this.
An adjustable suspension system would be an interesting add-on, but it is unclear at this point if it will come with a tuned version of Ram’s air suspension system or with electric dampers similar to the hellcat and Trackhawk models.
On the Ram 2500 HD, the air suspension is a $1,700 option. To make the Rebel TRX feel like a premium offering, Ram could offer it as a standard option; just for strategic purposes, you know. Otherwise, it would make sense to have the electric dampers that would offer greater range and higher peak levels of performance.
What Would You Prefer - Electric Power Steering Or A Hydraulic Setup?
The Ram Rebel TRX could also feature an electric power steering with a variety of modes. You could control the stiffness and level of feedback with this to suit your needs. While electric steering makes life easier, it would be great to have a hydraulic setup. The feeling of a stiff hydraulic steering suits the demeanor of a hardcore truck more than an electric unit. But, to each its own.
Here’s What We Know About the Ram Rebel TRX So Far
- It will be powered by Dodge Charger’s 6.2-liter Hellcat engine with 707 ponies
- Mated to an updated eight-speed automatic ZF transmission
- A heavy-duty four-wheel-drive system will be in place
- Borg Warner-sourced transfer case
- Console-mounted gear shifter instead of a rotary dial
- On the outside, it will feature wide front fenders with air vents and special Rebel grille
- Headlights will be borrowed from the Ram 1500 Limited Black Appearance Package
- Blacked-out dual exhaust tips and two tow hooks near them
- All-LED center high mounted brake light
- Flashy graphics, Beadlock wheels, and a bed-mounted spare tire
- MultiFunction Tailgate will be a great add-on
- Alcantara and black leather on the upholstery
- 12-inch UConnect touchscreen infotainment system
- Performance and TRX-specific pages in the system that give out the namesake data
- To cost as much as a fully-spec’d Ford F-150 Raptor – that’s about $70,000
- Will perhaps debut at the Detroit Auto Show
These new leaks are just making the wait all the more irresistible. The Ram Rebel TRX could be a phenomenal beast with the adjustable steering and suspension system. We have seen how they work on the Hellcat and Trackhawk models, so it will be a good fit here too. All-in-all, the Ram Rebel TRX is turning up to be an exciting vehicle.
If Ram offers both the electric dampers and the air suspension on the TRX, which one would you opt for? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.