Ultima GTR - sub 6min 55secs Nurburgring lap time?
Ultima GTR has already impressive performances: 0-60mph in just 2.6 seconds, a standing quarter mile time of 9.9secs @ 143mph, 0-100mph-0 in just 9.4 seconds. And now Ultima wants their car to have a Nurburgring lap time below 6mins 55secs.
The road tired 231mph Ultima which was driven to the circuit, was on target during public testing to create history by recording a sub 7 minutes lap of the Ring thereby setting a new outright road car lap record, but unfortunately severe rain on the day that the track had been exclusively booked by Sport Auto Magazine for the record run meant that a fully verified attempt wasn’t possible.
Ring specialist and pro driver Tom Coronel was employed to pilot the car to the new record and was staggered with the pace that the Ultima GTR had to offer during his public testing of the car in dry weather conditions.
He commented: "The Ultima GTR720 is the most powerful and by far the fastest road car I have ever driven. It’s an absolute missile and a huge buzz to drive! The guys at Ultima Sports have a product which is a very special machine indeed. The Ultima is an extremely well developed and sorted package. I am confident I can set a new lap record time of below 6mins 55secs for a lap as measured by Sport Auto Magazine in this car. I can’t imagine any other road car ever being able to compete with the overall performance envelope that the Ultima has to offer."
Nurburgring lap records after the jump.
- Ultima GTR projected sub 6min 55secs
- Pagani Zonda F Clubsport 7min 27secs
- Porsche Carrera GT 7min 28secs
- Porsche 997 GT2 7min 32secs
- Pagani Zonda F 7min 33secs
- Koenigsegg CCR 7min 34secs
- RUF RT12 7min 35secs
- Mercedes SLR 722 GT McLaren 7min 38secs
- Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 7min 40secs
- Mercedes SLR McLaren 7min 40secs
- Mercedes CLK DTM 7min 40secs
- Porsche 997 GT3 7min 42secs
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 7min 42secs
- Porsche 996 GT3 RS 7min 43secs
- Pagani Zonda C12 S 7min 44secs
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage N24 7min 45secs
- Porsche 996 GT2 7min 46secs
- Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera 7min 46secs
- Jaguar XJ220 7min 46secs
- Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano 7min 47secs