This year, the Porsche 911 will celebrate its 50th anniversary and to mark the event, Porsche Great Britain launched "Project 50," which is a historic race that will take tons of 911 models on some the most famous racetracks in Europe, like Silverstone and Nürburgring.
In fact, "Project 50" started back in March when Porsche announced a special 1965 Porsche 911 Project 50. The Project 50 is powered by a 2.0-liter flat-six engine that produces 130 horsepower and will surely be one of the 911 models to be raced during this historic race.
This video will help you to discover the roots of Project 50, as introduced by Porsche Cars GB Marketing Director, Ragnar Schulte. Enjoy! Also, be sure to check the Porsche 50 race dates so you can now when to stay online for new details.
Click past the jump to learn which are the Project 50 history race dates.
The historic race 911 will take part at the following race dates:
- May 5th - Test session at Donington
- May 25th - 27th - Brands Hatch Masters Festival
- July 11th - 14th - Goodwood Festival of Speed
- July 26th - 28th - Silverstone Classic
- August 9th - 11th - Nürburgring Oldtimer Grand Prix
- September 20th - 22nd - Spa Francorchamps - Spa 6 hours
- October 11th - 13th - Jerez Masters festival