Viper Hennessey kills the Veyron
You already knew that the Viper Hennessey is faster than the Bugatti Veyron. This was proven again by Road and Track magazine who made a comparison test between six of the speed kings of the world.
The starts were: Bugatti Veyron (1001 hp), the Viper Hennessey (1100 hp), the Porsche RUF RT 12 (650 hp), the Corvette Lingenfelter (880 hp), the Mercedes SLR (617 hp) and the Lamborghini Murcielago (580 hp).
Time needed to pass the 320 km/h:
- Viper Hennessey (V10 bi-turbo, 8500 cm3): 20.1 s and 358.1 km/h
- Bugatti Veyron (W16 quadri-turbo, 8000 cm3): 24.2 s and 380 km/h
- Corvette Lingenfelter (V8 bi-turbo, 7000 cm3): 26.6 s and 320 km/H
- Porsche RUF RT 12 (flat 6 bi-turbo, 3800 cm3) : 35.5 s and 320 km/h.
- Mercedes SLR (V8, 5500 cm3 ): 47.2 s and 321.1 km/h
- Lamborghini Murcielago (V12, 6200 cm3): 50.1 s and 305.9 km/h
With a top speed of 352.48 km/h, Viper Hennessey also established a personal top speed. It is powered by a V10 engine with an incredible output of 1100 hp.