Viper Venom 1000 Twin Turbo SRT
You may know the coupe version with 850hp, but Hennessey succeeded to find extra power.After the Porsche 911 TwinTurbo with 700 bhp, the Ford GT with 850bhp we show you the Venom 1000 TT.
For most Dodge Viper Buyers, the 510hp from the stock V-10 engine is more than enough.Those who would like to duble that figure can turn to Hennessey.The Texas company’s Venom conversion blazes straight past these standard-bearers into Bugatti Veyron territory .
In this convertible you not only risk to mess your hair but you risk to be decapitate.Why?because this beast has a V10 8.5llitres with two turbos Garett fitted on it. With 1000hp and a mind-beanding torque rating of 1100ft lbs you have to belive Hennessey when they say that the Venom will reach 60 mph in 2,9 seconds and 200 mph in 20 seconds.Other features include Brembo brakes and a KW lowered suspension.
The company has reached a top speed of 220 mph in the convertible, and claims the coupe can achieve 255 mph.Hennessey builds only 24 examples each of the closed and open Venoms every year, at a cost of $225,000 apiece.
Hennessey advances that his car can do much better.His convertible version already realized a o-60 mph in 2.25s (record of a Viper) and the 400 meters in 9.75 seconds with 147 mph at the exit.To this level the adherence and the rubbers used are crucial.
In England, the comparison with the Bugatti Veyron was attempted but Bugatti refused the admit that his car compete whoever.
A point where the Bugatti is not ready to beat, is the price.At 1$225,000 the Venom 1000 TT is 5 times less than a Veyron!!
But the Bugatti is a 4WD and with simple road tires the Venom will always be less faster.
- 0-60 mph: 2.9 sec.
- 0-100 mph: 5.8 sec.
- 0-150 mph: 10.9 sec.
- 0-200 mph: 19.6 sec.
- Top Speed: 255 mph
- 1/4 mile: 10.5 sec. @ 153 mph
- Standing Mile: 217.9 mph
- 60-0 mph Braking: 103.6 ft.
- 100-0 mph Braking: 288 ft.
- Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe or Convertible
- Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Engine Upgrade
- 522 CID Stroker Motor with 9.0:1 Compression
- Twin Garrett Ball Bearing Turbos
- Front Mounted Air-to-Air Intercooler
- VenomAero Body Upgrade (Front Airdam, Rear Diffuser & Spoiler)
- KW Lowered Suspension 2-Way Adjustable Stainless Steel Coil Over Shocks
- Brembo Upgraded Brake System
- Adjustable Traction Control System
- Quaiffe Extreme-Duty Differential Upgrade
- Hennessey Venom 7R Forged Aluminum Wheels - 19x10 front, 20x13 rear
- Michelin Pilot Sport 2 Tires: 275/30YR-19 front, 335/30YR-20 rear
- Limited Edition Connolly Leather Interior with Custom Embroidery
- 5-Point Racing Harnesses
- Hennessey Custom Floor Mats
- DVD Navigation System
- 2 Year / 24,000 Mile Warranty
- 1-Day Private Track Instruction with Brian Smith (1st Place Driver: 2005 ROAD & TRACK Standing Mile Shootout, 2004 CAR AND DRIVER Supercar Shootout)
Super Car Comparison:
- Hennessey Venom Twin Turbo SRT Coupe
- 1000 hp
- Top Speed: 255 mph
- 2006 Production: 24 units
- Cost: $225,000
- Bugatti Veyron
- 1001 hp
- Top Speed: 253 mph
- World-wide Production: 300 units
- Cost: $1.7M
- Ferrari Enzo
- 660 hp
- Top Speed: 225 mph
- World-wide Production: 349 units
- Cost: $1M
- Porsche Carrera GT
- 605 hp
- Top Speed: 205 mph
- World-wide Production: 1200 units
- Cost: $484,000
- Mercedes McLaren SLR
- 617 hp
- Top Speed: 208 mph
- World-wide Production: 800 units
- Cost: $570,000