The Hennessey VelociRaptor 400 Bronco is mighty quick for an SUV riding on 35-inch tires!by Sidd Dhimaan, on
The Bronco Raptor has been in the headlines lately for all the right reasons. So, Hennessey has decided to make use of the ripple effect caused by ‘Bronco’ to show us all the prowess of its creation of the beast called the VelociRaptor 400 Bronco. It is based on the standard V-6, but comes with a power boost and a whole lot of other upgrades. The Hennessey team decided to pit it against a stock Bronco to show us how better it is than the latter. Sounds fun?
How Did The Races Go?
The stock Ford Bronco is powered by a 2.7-liter, twin-turbo V-6 EcoBoost engine that puts out 310 horses and 400 pound-feet of torque.
Power is routed to the wheels via a 10-speed automatic gearbox.
The Hennessey VelociRaptor 400 Bronco also comes with the same engine under the hood, but is tuned to make 411 horsepower and 603 pound-feet of torque.
At the wheels, however, it makes around 300 horses and 400 pound-feet of torque, which is apparently 50 horses and 60 pound-feet of torque more than the Bronco’s figures at the wheels. It’s got the same 10-speed automatic gearbox here as well.
They raced twice and the Hennessey Bronco was the quicker of the two right from the gate both times. By the time they reached the finish line, they had a bus length difference between them, as noted by the host. It would’ve been nice to have the quarter-mile times to get a clear idea of how much quicker the Hennessey Bronco actually is to the standard Bronco.
What Is The Hennessey VelociRaptor 400 Bronco All About?
Here’s what’s special about the Hennessey VelociRaptor 400 Bronco:
- Based on the same 2.7-liter, twin-turbo V-6 engine
- Puts out 411 horsepower and 603 pound-feet of torque
- 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds
- Engine Management Software Upgrade
- High-Flow Air Induction System
- Larger front-mounted intercooler system
- Upgraded Stainless Steel Exhaust System
- 18-inch Hennessey Wheels
- 35-inch Off-Road Tires
- VelociRaptor Front Bumper with LED Lights
- VelociRaptor Rear Bumper Upgrade
- Upgraded Electronic Fold Out Steps
- Hennessey & VelociRaptor Exterior Badges
- Hennessey Embroidered Headrests
- Serial Numbered Plaques in Engine Compartment & Interior
- Limited to 200 examples for 2022
Watch the video below and let us know what you think of the Hennessey VelociRaptor 400 Bronco.