Year long waiting list for Z51 Corvette Stingray
Well, we just can’t have enough of the 2014 Corvette Stingray, and why should one not be excited to report about this new Corvette. It’s a new Corvette, for heaven’s sake! As you know, we’ve been on this story for quite a while now. We’ve driven this car that has been all over the news and we loved it. No wait, that would be an understatement.
Then there’s the Z51 Performance Package which hones it for some race track bashing. And that’s what most enthusiasts would be wanting to get their hands on. Now, if you are planning to drop a check for one of the Chevrolet Corvette Stingrays with the optional track package, then you might be disappointed on the outset.
I’m not talking about how planted the car feels on the racetrack, or the brilliant electronic limited slip differential. It’s more to do with the deliver time. Yes, if you order a Z51 package, you might have to wait for a year until you get delivery of you pride and joy. So postpone your plans to drive to Willow Springs over the weekend.
According to GM Authority, suppliers haven’t been able to delivery parts to the GM assembly plant at Bowling Green, KY. This is hampering the production process creating delays. Out of the total bookings with GM at the moment, 75 percent of the people have ordered the Z51 package. Which means, quite a substantial number of prospective Corvette owners would have to wait to get the keys to their purchase.
Read out first drive review of the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray here.
About Z51 Performance Package
The base Corvette Stingray is available in 3 trim levels and then come those equipped with the Z51 Performance Package, also available in 3 trim options; 1LT, 2LT, 3LT.
Here are the main features worth mentioning when it comes to the Z51 track package:
- Larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels
- dry sump oil system
- Electronic Limited Slip Differential
- larger front brakes (13.6 inch vs. 12.6 inch) with black calipers
- specific shocks, springs and stabilizer bars
- differential and transmission cooling
- unique Aero Package that reduces lift for high-speed stability
- Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport® ZP summer-only tires(DISCLOSURE) that are aggressively tuned to provide outstanding handling, grip and road-holding capability
- available Magnetic Selective Ride Control and Performance Traction Management
- HD Cooling
- Slotted Brake Rotors
- Performance Gear Ratios
The Corvette Stingray Z51 1LT is the lightest of the three with a stripped out interior. That said, it does offer the following features. It is priced at $58,800.
- Three seat color options
- Two 8-inch HD color displays
- 8-way power seats with leather surfaces
- Power tilt and telescoping steering column
- Keyless Access with Push-Button Start
- 7-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching and launch control
- Rear vision camera
- Full-power convertible top with remote operation
- Carbon-fiber hood
- Aluminum frame structure
- Driver Mode Selector
- 9-speaker Bose® audio with 3-month trial subscription to SiriusXM Satellite Radio
The Z51 2LT variant gives customers a comfort and convenience package which includes color-keyed console and door armrests. It is priced at $63,010
- Console and door panels in interior color
- Lumbar/wing adjust
- Heated/vented seats
- Seat emblems
- Bose® premium audio
- Universal Home Remote
- Auto-dimming mirrors
- Memory Package
- Color Head-Up Display
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio† with one-year subscription
- Enhanced Theft-Deterrent Package
- Luggage shade/cargo net
The 3LT variant is the ultimate-spec Corvette Stingray Z51 on offer. It combines luxury with sporty driving experience and includes the following features. It is priced at $66,805
- Custom Leather-wrapped interior
- Nappa leather seating surfaces
- Navigation (optional on 1LT/2LT)
- Instrument panel in interior color