2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS by Baldwin Motion
American tuner, Baldwin Motion, has announced one of the most impressive tuning upgrades for the new Chevrolet Camaro SS we have seen. It is appropriately called "Fantastic Five" and consists of five different upgrade levels with power ranging from 525 to 800 HP.
The Fantastic Five include engine updates that range from 525 HP to a monstrous 800 HP. Aesthetic modifications were also made to differentiate the line from standard Camaros, but they don’t include anything to write home about.
Aside from the amazing engine updates provided for the muscle car, MOTION also went to a great deal to ensure that the project’s specifications are fully customizable and private. Each vehicle will be built based on the customer’s wishes and will be sanctioned, serialized, and signed by Joel Rosen, creator of the Baldwin-Motion 427 & 454 Camaros and the owner of the MOTION Camaro Phase III 427-SC that was showcased at the Super Chevy Show at the Palm Beach Florida International Raceway.
Hit the jump to read more about the Chevrolet Camaro SS by Baldwin Motion.
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS by Baldwin Motion
Engine:GM LS7 427 aluminum-block fitted with a massive 2.8 liter Twin-Screw Supercharger System
Horsepower @ RPM:522-800
Exterior and Interior
For every muscle car that receives an enormous power upgrade with many options to choose from, there is a milder exterior package that gets installed to help set the tuned up version apart from the standard model. In the Camaro by Baldwin Motion’s case, it has been donned with a green exterior paint job and some gold painted striping for added effect. The muscle car also gets an aggressive front fascia with air intake inlets, a new rear spoiler, perforated seat inserts, and a new set of wheels.
Fans of the Chevrolet Camaro will have plenty of options to choose from in terms of power, with five different choices to match each individual’s personality. The base version is called the SS-427 and includes a power boost up to 525 HP, up from the standard 426 HP. Not only do you get a 99 HP bump in power, but the SS-427 package also comes with a new exhaust system, race prepared aluminum intakes, a titanium intake, and cast aluminum pistons. Take it one step further and you have the Phase III 427 with 600 HP of upgrade goodness. This package is pretty much just like the SS-427 version, but with a custom Redline R3 camshaft and an American Racing high-efficiency tubular exhaust system.
The next package is called the SS-454 and includes an impressive 550 HP upgrade. This package includes forged aluminum pistons, a forged steel crankshaft, aluminum LS7 cylinder heads, and a Corvette Z06 LS7 intake manifold. That package is followed up with the Phase III 454, which is the next step up from the SS-454 and delivers a total of 626 HP. It features all of the same components then adds race-prepped CNC-ported LS7 Aluminum heads and a high-capacity air intake system.
The top version, Phase 427-SC, is the most powerful in the line-up and boasts of a whopping 800 HP. That kind of power needs a few more accessories than your average conversion, so Baldwin Motion has added a 2.8-Liter Twin-Screw supercharger system, forged pistons, a new exhaust system, a high-capacity air intake system, a custom calibrated engine management system, and a high-capacity fuel system.
The 2011 MOTION Camaro Phase III 427-SC was showcased at the Super Chevy Show at the Palm Beach Florida International Raceway on April 8, 2011 and was purchased for $ 150,000. Only a undisclosed limited number of models will be built for this phase, so anyone interested will have to pay that price for this ride. Phase One starts off at $80,000.
Confidential MOTION Registry
MOTION states that since they understand everything about muscle car collector cars, they ensured that ultimate privacy is attained with each car built. Each vehicle will be built to order at Redline and tuned by Howard Tanner on his DYNOmite 1,400 horsepower Eddy Current Load dyno. Official Baldwin-Motion documentation, including custom MOTION VIN plates and a full dyno report will be in the car upon delivery. Each Camaro by Motion will also be sanctioned, serialized, and signed by Joel Rosen.
MOTION will also be setting up a confidential MOTION Registry detailing VINs, vehicle specifications and original purchaser data on the web. The confidentiality will ensure that replicas will not be made of these exclusive packages.
Full Specifications for Joel Rosen’s 800 HP PHASE III 427-SC Camaro
- Supercharged GM LS7 427 Aluminum Engine
- 2.8-Liter Twin-Screw Supercharger System
- Eight-Rib supercharger drive assembly
- Unique block, 4.125-inch bore, pressed-in liners
- Forged 2618 Aluminum 9.3-to-1 pistons
- Forged 6.125-inch H-Beam Steel connecting rods
- Forged 4.00-inch stroke steel crankshaft
- Race-prepped CNC-ported Aluminum heads
- Custom Redline R3-SC Blower camshaft
- ATI/Redline damper
- High-Efficiency tubular exhaust system
- MBRP Stainless Steel mufflers, dual outlets
- High-Capacity air intake system
- 160-degree high-flow thermostat
- Custom calibrated Engine Management System
- High-Capacity fuel system
- Upgraded TR6060 Six-Speed manual transmission (ONLY)
- ZR1 Corvette dual disc clutch system
- MGW short throw shifter
- 1,000 Horsepower axles
- Pfadt Billet rear cradle mounts
- Pfadt differential bushings
- Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods
- Pfadt Coil-Over F&R Suspension
- Pfadt F&R sway bars
- Brembo Six-Piston Monoblock front brakes with 380-mm two-piece rotors
- Brembo Four-Piston Monoblock rear brakes with 380-mm two-piece rotors
- Custom MOTION painted striping
- Custom MOTION wheels with painted accents
- Custom Phase III-SC Hood with glass window
- Aggressive front fascia with air intake inlets
Phase III-SC Rear Spoiler
- MOTION badges & VIN plates
- Accented front and rear seats with embroidered headrests with Carbon-Fiber finish
- 1-Year/12,000-Mile Warranty