Today unveiled the car with which Dacia Dealer Team will be competing in the STCC 2013th At a hotel in Solna, and the media and Dacia dealers in Sweden, unveiled Dacia STCC Edition of the driver and team manager Mattias Andersson.
- So far I have 99 victories in my racing career. Of course I dream of conquering the hundredth of Dacia. It would be amazing, says Andersson upcoming season which starts at Knutstorp 3 to 4 May
On 21 January this year Dacia announced its investment in the STCC. Since then, Dacia Dealer Team worked closely with the construction of the new car, based on the Dacia Logan. Yesterday, it was shown for the first time - delicious Dacia-blue and black and white elements.
- This is Dacia’s third major motorsport venture - and the first on asphalt. Previously, the brand successfully competed at rinks in the Andros Trophy and the classic hill race Pikes Peak in the USA. The cars have led Dacia blue color and we wanted to emulate them in our design, says Andersson.
Dacia Joel newcomer in STCC where competitors include Volvo, BMW, Citroen and Saab. All work with the new car has been in the team’s own workshop in Linköping.
- It has been a tough and comprehensive job, but the result was good. I think Dacia STCC Edition will surprise in many ways.
Already on Tuesday, the car should run in the wind tunnel in Gothenburg and in the middle of april waiting premiere at the court when the STCC arrange official test day at Knutstorp in Skåne. It is also on Trailer premiere determined 3 to 4 May
- Of course, I had wished for more test time, but I’m not worried. Thanks to my contestants in TTA last year, I have personal experience of this type of car. This year I have also been involved engineer Joakim Zetterstrom. He had the same task on Linus Ohlsson’s car last year and Linus did as familiar success with a very strong second place in TTA championship.
Mattias Andersson’s last year’s season was not quite what he had hoped for. Back in STCC again, he believes in new successes. This year’s season will be his twelfth in the championship where he served, among other things captured three wins and an additional 17 podiums.
- To begin with, I want to reach the top 5 placements. A little later in the season, I hope to find enough speed in the car to be fighting for podiums, says Andersson and adds:
- I’m going into my 31st racing season with 99 wins on his CV. Getting conquer the hundred in this venture with Dacia would be really fun and is obviously a goal I strive for. The involvement of Dacia’s side is large and two-year effort they make is the biggest I have been involved with own team in his career.
Dacia is part of Renault Group where motorsport has always had a prominent and important place. Renault Nordic AB was already last year by the STCC through popular support class Clio Cup. This year will be the Formula Renault 1.6 - and Dacia in the main class STCC.