How to change your windshield wiper blade
What you need:
· Entire windshield wiper blades (to find out what is the correct replacement look in your owners manual. You can buy these blades in any auto part store.)
· Flathead screwdriver may be required.
- Remember to buy the
entire blade not just the rubber insert.
- Look at your windshield
wiper and find in the replacement package for the attachment that matches
- Read the directions on
the package to see how you connect the attachment to the replacement
- Pull up the windshield
wiper from the windshield, by just lifting up the arm.
- To remove the blade you
have to either push on a tap and pull the blade off, or using the flathead
screw driver lift the tab.
- Attach the replacement
blade to the wiper arm. This can be done by connecting the attachment to
the new blade first, then onto the arm; or by connecting the attachment to
the wiper arm then attaching the new wiper blade. It all depends on what
is easier for you and the type of car you have.
- When attaching the new
blade listen for a click to assure that you have attached the blade
- To assure further that
you have attached the blade correctly, you can tug on the blade.
- You are done. Just lower the wiper arm onto the windshield.
- Remove the old wiper blade from the wiper arm. This typically involves pushing on a tab and pulling the wiper blade off or lifting a tab with a small screwdriver.
- Insert the attachment onto the new blade or onto the wiper arm. On some cars, it may be easier to put the attachment on the wiper blade first; on other models, it is easier to first put the attachment onto the wiper arm. Listen for a click.
About the author