2007 Mercury Mountaineer
The 2007 Mercury Mountaineer is a study in refinement. Its passenger compartment features attention to detail, comfort and quiet. The upscale design begins in the front row with an attractive instrument panel and ends in the rear with an innovative available power-folding third-row seat that provides an absolutely flat load floor. Mountaineer’s innovation continues in customer-friendly feature enhancements, such as an available DVD-based navigation system and power-deployable side running boards.
- Safety Canopy side air curtain standard on all models
- All models equipped with standard auxiliary audio input jack
- Heated windshield available across all models
- Available rear-seat DVD system with new, larger eight-inch screen
- New colors include White Chocolate Clearcoat Tri-Coat (Premier only), Alloy Clearcoat Metallic and Dark Cherry Clearcoat Metallic.
For 2007, Ford’s advanced Safety Canopy side air curtains, with rollover protection, are added to Mountaineer’s long list of standard safety features. Other standard features include AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC), and adaptive driver and front air bags.
Mountaineer features a simplified series lineup for 2007 and is available in two models – Mountaineer and Mountaineer Premier. Both are available with either 4x2 or all-wheel drive. Mountaineer Premier offers a choice of a V-6 or a V-8, while Mountaineer is only available with the V-6.
Design and Equipment
Mountaineer sports a refined front-end design that accentuates the signature Mercury waterfall grille and imbues it with an air of sophistication. The front fascia and rectangular fog lamps are a subtle evolution of Mercury’s design direction. Directly below the grille, the center section of the bumper features a satin aluminum finish, a design cue for Mercury.
Side mirrors have been tested in a wind tunnel and provide a significant reduction in wind noise, despite being large for improved rearward visibility. The mirrors feature a chamfered lower inside edge, which serves a functional aero purpose and provides a distinctive shape in line with Mountaineer’s sophisticated design.
In the back, there are clear tail lamp lenses, and the rear bumper fascia is finished with a satin aluminum strip integrating the front and rear design. For those seeking even more distinction, 18-inch machined aluminum wheels are available as an option on Mountaineer and standard on Mountaineer Premier.
Available power-deployable running boards bring this convenient luxury feature to the mid-size sport-utility segment – with a twist: When retracted, the running boards are fully integrated into the rocker panels and hidden out of sight for a clean, uncluttered look.
Of Mountaineer’s eight colors, three are new for 2007. The fresh offerings include Dark Cherry Clearcoat Metallic, Alloy Clearcoat Metallic and White Chocolate Clearcoat Tri-coat, which is reserved for Mountaineer Premier.
Expanded to all models for 2007 is an optional heated windshield that dramatically decreases the time needed to defrost or de-ice the windshield.
The seats are available in three different second-row configurations, the most in the mid-size sport-utility segment. Mountaineer comes standard with a 60/40-split fold-flat second-row bench seat. Mountaineer Premier also has a standard 60/40-split second-row bench; which is upgraded with reclining seat backs to allow access to the third row of seats that are standard on Mountaineer Premier. Available in both arrays are second-row bucket seats with a center console, an industry first in a mid-size sport-utility vehicle.
Fold-flat third-row seats are standard on Mountaineer Premier and optional on Mountaineer. Mountaineer Premier’s third row is available with the optional power-folding seat backs, which fold flat literally at the touch of a button.
Mountaineer comes standard with an auxiliary audio input jack for MP3 players, and is available with SIRIUS satellite radio and an improved rear seat DVD entertainment system, which features a larger eight-inch screen for 2007.
Powertrain and Chassis
Premier models are available with a three-valve 4.6-liter V-8 engine mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. This advanced V-8 features variable cam timing and creates a robust 292 horsepower and 300 pound-feet of torque. A 4.0-liter V-6 with a five-speed automatic comes standard in both Mountaineer and Mountaineer Premier.
A six-speed automatic transmission comes standard with the three-valve 4.6-liter V-8. Using technology more commonly found in luxury sport sedans, this six-speed transmission provides smooth, seamless performance that makes the most of the V-8’s powerband while improving fuel efficiency.
V-6-powered Mountaineers feature a 5-speed automatic transmission. Both V-6 and V-8 Mountaineers are available with all-wheel drive.
Safety and Security
A significant amount of engineering work went into designing the 2007 Mountaineer’s industry- and segment-first safety systems, including an array of 10 advanced safety features as standard equipment. The system includes driver and front air bags that further adapt to an occupant’s size and the severity of a crash, as well as adaptive technologies for load-limiting seatbelt retractors and the collapsible steering column.
A five-level front passenger occupant classification sensor, enhanced restraint control module and a driver-seat track position sensor help provide the information used to adapt the safety systems. Front side-impact air bags are standard and the Safety Canopy System covering first and second row outboard seats in now standard on all 2007 Mountaineer models
Also standard is Ford’s exclusive AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control (RSC), which is unlike any stability control system made by any other automaker. It uses state-of-the-art gyroscope technology to sense a roll condition and then deploys countermeasures through braking and engine controls to attempt to bring the vehicle back under control. No other automaker uses this gyroscope technology in its system. Instead, they rely on a basic stability control system that helps prevent a slide, infers the possibility of a roll, but cannot actually sense a roll.
Major Features and Options
Mountaineer : 4.0L V-6 with a 5-speed automatic; 17-inch aluminum wheels with P245/65R17 all-season tires; power door locks; message center with four-line display; auto-dimming rear-view mirrors; remote keyless entry; fog lamps; headlamps with auto lamp; dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control; premium AM/FM stereo with single CD player and MP3 capability; auxiliary audio input jack; first-row leather-trimmed sport bucket seats with 10-way power reclining driver seat with power lumbar support; color-keyed and leather-wrapped steering wheel with speed and redundant audio and climate controls; AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control (RSC); Intelligent Safety System; Safety Canopy side curtain airbags for the first- and second-row passengers plus rollover protection sensors and side-impact front air bags.
Mountaineer Premier adds: Reverse Sensing System; universal garage door opener; satin aluminum round exhaust tip; dual power heated outside mirrors with security and approach lamps; satin aluminum roof side rails; 18-inch satin aluminum chrome clad wheels with P235/65R18 all-season tires; Audiophile stereo system with in-dash, six-disc CD changer with MP3 capability and an eight-inch subwoofer; color-keyed running boards; first-row heated and leather-trimmed sport bucket seats with Preferred Suede inserts; six-way power passenger seat; second-row reclining seatbacks and access to third-row; third-row power fold flat 50/50 split bench seat.
Options include: power running boards; SIRIUS satellite radio; power adjustable pedals with memory; power moonroof; navigation system; rear-seat DVD entertainment system; quad bucket seating; heated front seats; auxiliary climate control; comfort and convenience package (includes Audiophile 6-disc CD system; color keyed running boards and third-row 50/50 split bench seat); Reverse Sensing System and trailer tow package.
The 2007 Mountaineer is built in Louisville, Ky.
Features and options
- Audio system
- Premium AM/FM Stereo with Single CD, MP3 capabilities and audio input jack
- 3.55 non-limited slip rear axle
- Battery saver
- Power door locks
- Message center with 4-line display
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Wipers – front intermittent , speed sensitiverear intermittent with washer and defrost,
- Power driver-side window with one-touch down control,
- Fog lamps
- Headlamps with AutoLamp
- Dual power sail-mounted mirrors with body color skull cap
- Black roofside rails
- Manual, CFC-free air conditioning with rotary controls
- Full-size overhead console
- Driver and front-row passenger illuminated vanity mirrors
- leather-wrapped steering wheel with cruise control
- steering column lock/ignition security and column tilt
- Other (Standard)
- Satin Aluminum Grille;
- Illuminated Door Entry Keypad;
- Color- Keyed Running Boards (Premier Array);
- Coat Hooks;
- Redundant Controls- Audio and Climate;
- Side Seat Airbags;
- Powerpoints 1 st and 2 nd Row;
- Electrochromic Rearview Mirror, Power Heated Exterior Mirrors;
- Audiophile Sound System (Mountaineer Premier array);
- P245/65R17 A/T BSW H-Rated
- Navigation system,
- Sirius satellite digital audio receiver system,
- Auxiliary climate control,
- Cargo shade,
- Leather-trimmed seats, Heated 1st row seats;
- Memory Seats;
- Quad captain-type rear seats,
- Third row, 50/50-split-bench seat ( option on Mountaineer array),
- Rear seat entertainment system;
- Safety Canopy (1st and 2nd Row);
- Adjustable Pedals Non-Memory or Memory;
- Universal Garage Door Opener
- License plate bracket,
- Black or satin aluminum roof rail crossbars,
- Power deployable running boards,
- 18-in machined aluminum wheels with P235/65R18 all-season BSW tires and full-size spare, Heated, fine-wire windshield,
- Upgraded trailer tow package;
- Power Heated Exterior Mirror s
- Exterior color
- Vivid Red Clearcoat Metallic,
- Light French Silk Clearcoat Metallic,
- White Chocolate Clearcoat Tri-coat Premier only,
- Silver Birch Clearcoat Metallic,
- Dark Cherry Clearcoat Metallic,
- Alloy clearcoat metallic,
- Oxford White clearcoat,
- Black Clearcoat
- Interior trim
- Charcoal Black,
- 3-year, 36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper
- 5-year, 60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and roadside assistance
- Mountaineer 4.0L 2V SOHC V6 Engine
- Mountaineer 4X2 $ 27,300
- Mountaineer AWD $ 29,575
- Mountaineer Premier 4.6L 3V SOHC V8 Engine
- Mountaineer 4X2 $ 31,660
- Mountaineer AWD $ 33,935
Destination: $ 695